How do I get rid of urticaria
For the treatment of hives, it is important to first track down the cause. A symptom diary can help in this, in which the person concerned notes down exactly the type, time and accompanying circumstances of the symptoms (e.g. food eaten, medication taken, activities throughout the day). This allows the doctor to uncover possible triggers inside and outside the body (see above). If, for example, an infection or an intolerance is the cause of the hives, it can be enough to treat them.
If treatment of the cause is unsuccessful, the doctor will try to at least treat the symptoms so that the rash on the skin and the associated itching or a possible aesthetic problem (with rash on the face) disappear.
The doctor can prescribe antihistamines for this. These are agents that dampen the allergic reaction in the skin by blocking the body's own histamine. If this is unsuccessful, the doctor can prescribe active ingredients that activate the immune system. These include omalizumab (also used in severe asthma), which is approved for chronic spontaneous hives, but has also shown good results in inducible urticaria.
Ciclosporin is also available, a substance often used in transplants that suppresses the immune system. Finally, montelukast, which is taken orally and used in moderate asthma, and allergic rhinitis, can help. Short-term cortisone intake can also be useful for severe hives flare-ups.
The doctor must repeatedly adjust the drug therapy individually. Especially during pregnancy, patients must speak to their doctor before continuing to take medication.
Some doctors report good experiences with alternative therapies such as autologous blood therapy. In general, however, doctors advise caution when using homeopathy and the like against hives - there is no proof of their effectiveness.
- Why are some people allergic to food
- What is Quora and Quora Careers
- Can bacteria live in the stratosphere?
- Which Indian actress has the best smile?
- What's your favorite way to shave
- How many old European tribes were there
- Can a plant recover from drowning
- How do you defend yourself against limpet mines
- Are there any benefits of nail varnishing
- What makes YouTube gifts on certain view
- Why is only oxygen helping with burning?
- What a business expense a gym membership is
- Americans lack an indigenous culture
- What is Donald Trump's biggest badass moment
- What makes you forget things?
- Batteries are bad for your phone
- What are the causes of abnormal psychology
- Will the Pinterest mobile app compete against Instagram
- What are radio waves 1
- What makes you smile in your life
- Why do most people hate Screamo
- How accurate is the weather radar
- How is an invoice vetoed?
- What is an automation bug in Excel