Flipkart is an Indian brand
These three e-commerce startups are India's big players
Instead of always looking to Silicon Valley, London or Berlin, it is sometimes worth exploring a completely different corner of the world - for example India. There are also fast-growing e-commerce startups there that may provide one or the other inspiration. But India is also a coveted market for large western companies: big players are currently investing a lot of money in it.
Flipkart - India's number 1
Flipkart, founded in 2007, is considered the Amazon or Alibaba of India and describes itself as an "online megastore". In fact, the principle is very similar to that of Amazon. Flipkart sells everything from electronics to books to clothing - also via the app. There is also a marketplace for dealers who can use the Flipkarts platform for their sales. Last year the e-commerce platform with around 20,000 employees and over 26 million registered users flowed a lot of money: in May it was 210 million dollars, in July 1 billion dollars and before Christmas another 700 million dollars. In total, investors have put around $ 2.5 billion into Flipkart. The value is estimated at $ 10 billion - despite the fact that the e-commerce giant lost $ 120 million on sales of $ 507 million. There has also been speculation about an IPO for some time.
Snapdeal - Flipkarts competitor
Snapdeal launched three years later and is currently the number 2 e-commerce platform in India with around 4,000 employees. However, the distance to Flipkart is - still - quite large. The total investment amounts to 1.1 billion dollars, which is not even half of Flipkart's financing rounds. But Snapdeal, always on the lookout for the best prices, is catching up. The marketplace now has 25 million users. There is currently speculation as to whether Snapdeal will soon close a $ 1 billion financing round, including with Foxconn as an investor, the world's most important supplier for large smartphone manufacturers. There was even talk of Alibaba buying up Snapdeal. The deal seems to have fallen through, however, because Snapdeal estimates its value to be higher ($ 6-7 billion) than Alibaba would be willing to pay ($ 4-5 billion). The online marketplace eBay has already invested hundreds of millions in Snapdeal. Here, too, there has been speculation about a takeover for a long time. So the potential is huge.
One97 / Paytm - Mobile first
One97 Communications is the company that was founded in 2000 and has 2,000 employees behind the mobile bargain marketplace Paytm. Customers can buy all kinds of goods there. 15,000 dealers are represented there. What is special: One97 also develops mobile marketing and mobile payment solutions. The Paytm mobile wallet has around 20 million users; It should be 100 million by 2016. The mobile orientation can of course also be found on the Paytm platform. Everything is geared towards mobile. Customers can top up their credit for the in-house mobile wallet directly on the home page. Alibaba entered the business at the beginning of the year with $ 575 million. Together they want to transport Alibaba's credit business to India.
In this edition
Courage to start again
How to get your business going again
With the right influencers for more sales
Secondhand gains market share
- Who is exempt from business tax
- Free clairvoyants are accurate
- Is 24 percent body fat too much
- Why is cystic acne considered contagious
- Is Christianity real
- What is special about BS VI fuel
- How could Operation Barbarossa have been successful?
- How do volcanoes kill people
- What is the power in om word
- When was the first beauty operation
- Can switch LACP switches
- What are modern traffic signs made of?
- What are the most common dental procedures
- What's the best book for learning math
- Buying a real estate management franchise is lucrative
- Can a Christian follow Hindu mythology
- Do you generally like people
- Can a plant recover from drowning
- What do guys lie about in general
- How were the helmets of the Spartans made
- How should I choose a database
- Is 5 5 height good for the gym
- What is the difference between Phosphate TSP
- What will help you achieve your goals
- Ist bmb is a nationalized bank
- Where are the Bahamas
- Previously earthquakes caused damage in Alaska
- California has regional dialects
- What does the big bang theory prove
- What is the Hawthorne Effect in Psychology
- Which is profitable IPO or NFO
- Who are the best spiritual guides
- Microsoft really owns LinkedIn
- Why are most online shoppers American?