Why do emotionally resilient people succeed
Learning to resilience: what makes people more resilient?
It is a catchphrase that companies use to search for suitable candidates in job advertisements, a soft skill with which applicants want to stand out from the crowd and an attribute that everyone likes to attribute to themselves: Resilience is more important than ever in today's working world. The demands are increasing both privately and professionally, stressful working days are no longer an exception for many, but are increasingly becoming a routine that everyone has to deal with in their own way. But what can you do if you have not been blessed by nature with great resilience and take the pressure to heart? We show what's behind that Concept of resilience hides at all and to what extent you can learn them ...
Resilience Definition: What does it mean to be resilient?
Resilience is very important to employers. Today everyone seems to be on the lookout for employees who can be expected a lot, who only really get into top form under stress and for whom a working day without overtime seems too short. From the company's point of view, this is a clear benefit that many applicants see as an opportunity to stand out in their applications.
But as often as the term is used, so seldom does anyone worry what it actually means to be resilient:
- Resilience shows in the correct handling of stress. It's not about simply enduring pressure and stress, but about processing them, finding balance and also knowing your own limits.
- Resilience means being able to cope with setbacks. If something didn't work out, you can just let it go and come to terms with it - or pull yourself together, gather new strength and start a new attempt in which you learn from mistakes and do better.
- Resilience helps to overcome resistance. Everyone can try to avoid problems, but this is not only a sign of a lack of resilience, but also means that it cannot develop.
It is therefore not that easy to find that to prove one's own resilience or to put it to the test. It usually only shows itself in an emergency, when it really matters whether you can withstand the pressure or collapse under it.
Learning to resilience: 5 tips
A low resilience quickly becomes a problem for those affected. Especially at work, stressful situations are often the order of the day. Those who cannot keep up with the high speed and withstand the pressure not only lose touch with their colleagues, but also suffer mentally. The causes can be varied: Perhaps you already had bad experiences with great pressure in your childhood and this one never really processed, It is possible that you never really came into contact with negative situations and did not have to learn how to deal with it, or the reason lies in your nature and personality, since simply not everyone is equally resilient.
Fortunately, not only are the causes of low resilience wide-ranging, but also those Options available to youto do something about it. Although the entire personality cannot be turned inside out, everyone can learn to increase his load limit and to deal better with the pressure, problems and defeats.
Work on your stamina
If there is a lack of resilience, many give up prematurely without giving their best or even really trying. The necessary stamina therefore also has a positive effect on resilience. Instead of giving up, learn to bite through and do not choose the easy path, but fight until you have achieved your goals and in the end can be proud of what you have achieved.
Boost Your Confidence
Without resilience, you quickly come to the conclusion: I can't do it anyway. You do not trust yourself to perform and as soon as you are confronted with a problem or a defeat, you see yourself confirmed in your initial self-assessment. As you develop greater confidence, you will approach the task with a whole new mindset and you will find that you can handle the pressure better if you believe you can do it.
Develop mental strength
Balance and mental strength are two fundamental pillars of resilience. Resting in oneself and one's own strengths not only gives a good feeling and strengthens one's positive self-image, it also shows in dealing with stress or negative emotions. If you are mentally stable, you will give less to the opinions of those around you and you can learn from setbacks without being get down by them.
See the positive in challenges
Tasks and challenges are part of life and were not created to make it as difficult for you as possible. Such a negative attitude stands in the way of any resilience. Make yourself aware that you can only grow with every challenge - no matter how it ends. There are only two options: you achieve something you didn't think you could, or you learn for the future and will do it next time.
Learn to be more relaxed
A low resilience often arises from a deep-seated fear of mistakes and defeat. Even the thought of the consequences is enough to fall into a state of shock and let fear control you. Serenity seems impossible in this situation, but that is exactly what can help to increase your own resilience. Take things as they come and get involved. In this way you avoid creating additional pressure for yourself.
Other readers will find these articles interesting:
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- How realistic is the movie The Stigmata
- Should neuromarketing be banned and made illegal
- What is effective reach
- What percentage of Lebanese are Christians?
- How are chromophores and auxochromes different?
- People mistake depression for something else
- Which generation of Pokemon have the best legends
- Migraines cause hair loss
- How can you get better at walking?
- Why does someone want to join ISIS
- What's your favorite poker move
- Why does NASA lie all the time
- How is Bulgari doing marketing in China
- YouTubers got a Nobel Prize
- How does astrology positively affect human life?
- If 222 2x 22 what is x
- Will you chat with me privately
- Is loyalty a choice or not
- Why is the humidity so high in Calcutta
- Why do narcissists smell so good
- What counts as excessive crying
- What is CCCP
- The French still make films
- Guadalajara is much cheaper than Mexico City