Why should a fresher join the sale
Connect the washing machine correctly: that's how it works
The new washing machine is here, now the helpful household appliance has to be set up safely. You do not necessarily need a specialist for this. With care and a few tips, you will be able to connect the machine yourself.
Connecting the washing machine - the most important points at a glance
- You don't necessarily have to hire a professional plumber to connect a washing machine. With care and the right tips, you can easily connect yourself at home.
- The necessary connections are usually available in laundry rooms or utility rooms. You need a water and sewage connection, a wash basin with a siphon and a power connection.
- Set up the washing machine in a safe and stable manner. Check the hoses and cables regularly for intactness before and after installation and replace defective elements immediately.
- Remove the transport lock before using your washing machine, otherwise it could be damaged.
Connecting the washing machine: which connections do you need?
The new washing machine is usually located in the in-house laundry room or utility room. If you replace an aging washing machine with a new one, all the connections you need are already available. If you connect a washing machine in the bathroom or kitchen, you need to make sure that there are connections for electricity, water and sewage. Ideally, the connections mentioned are no more than 1 to 1.50 meters away from the washing machine's parking space, as the hoses supplied are usually no longer. If necessary, extensions are also available in stores.
Connecting the washing machine: explained step-by-step
After you have placed the washing machine at its destination and checked that all the necessary connections are available, you can start working.
Step 1: Remove the transport lock and check the drum
A new washing machine is protected from damage during transport with a transport lock. In particular, the transport lock ensures that the drum of the washing machine does not hang out during transport. Remove the transport lock before commissioning, otherwise damage may occur. Since manufacturers use different systems, it is best to follow the manufacturer's instructions when removing the transport lock. Ideally, you should keep the transport lock after installation, so that the washing machine can also be optimally secured the next time you move. Then turn the drum by hand to ensure that it runs reliably and smoothly.
Step 2: attach the drain hose
Connect the separately supplied drainage hose securely and firmly to the washing machine. In this way, the water can flow off reliably and there is no water damage from a loosened hose. Either there is a drain with a waste water connection or a wash basin in which you can hang the drain hose in the immediate vicinity of the washing machine. Alternatively, you can attach the hose directly to the siphon of the wash basin. In addition, the trade has various adapters ready for connection to the drain. Fasten the hose with a hose clamp that is supplied by some manufacturers. The accessory is also available in hardware stores.
Step 3: attach the inlet hose
Fresh washing water enters the machine through the inlet hose. You connect the inlet hose directly to a tap. The hose should not be kinked or damaged. Otherwise, the aqua-stop system integrated in the inlet hose prevents the water supply for safety reasons. Use a sleeve to ensure that the inlet hose is securely attached to the tap.
Step 4: Ensure power connection
Finally, the washing machine is supplied with power, ideally via a separately fused safety socket. This will prevent a short circuit if the washing machine leaks. The electrical circuit of the machine itself should also be highly secured in order to prevent a life-threatening situation from a puddle of water under electricity. Always switch the program switch of the washing machine to "0" or "Off" before connecting it to the power supply.
Step 5: start the test run
Once you have connected all the hoses for the inlet and outlet and connected the washing machine to the mains, a test run is the next step. To do this, select one of the short wash programs and let the machine run through without any laundry. Pay close attention to whether water leaks from hoses or connectors during the test run. Even the smallest drop is an indication of a leak, which can cause serious damage in the long term. The drain into the sink or directly via the siphon must also function without any problems. Also check whether the drum of the machine runs smoothly and without problems. If the washing machine does not draw water, this article will help you.
Step 6: finally place the machine
If the test run went perfectly, move the washing machine to its final location. Here, too, make sure that hoses or cables are not squashed and not stretched. Ideally, you should be able to unplug and plug in the power cord without any problems and immediately, and be able to turn the tap off and on again when necessary. To ensure that your washing machine stands securely and straight, adjust the stand using the individually rotatable feet. Optionally, place the machine on a special anti-vibration mat to reduce vibrations and volume.
Check your washing machine and its connections at regular intervals. The hoses for the outlet and inlet should always be tight and intact. If necessary, you can buy replacement hoses from retailers.
- What happens when NH3 reacts with Na
- Why are Macs safer
- Kim Kardashian deserves all of this popularity
- What are the fees for AIATS offline
- How do you become addicted to learning
- Which retailers offer free Visa gift cards?
- Why is meditation so relaxing
- What food is helpful for reducing cloistral
- Evolution has stopped
- Why is there call forwarding
- What is the mission statement of eBays
- Are virtual assistants credible?
- What does financing mean
- What can ancient history teach us
- How is the structure of CAC2
- Actively work to indict Trump
- What are the basic trigonometry formulas
- What is an idea about society
- BTech is good at software development
- Do sheep enjoy it or hate being sheared?
- How do cakes affect a company?
- Is dream interpretation valid
- A college degree is overrated in India
- What is the medical treatment for hyperacidity
- What are some medieval first world problems
- Can read English by the majority of French people
- Where lilacs still bloom
- Interest rates are rising
- What is Jon Kyl doing
- Is the thyroid responsible for weight loss?
- Which is the state tree of Goa
- How do i surf
- Is Mg soluble why or why not
- How can the user interface of Quoras be improved 1