Why did Stefan Molyneux develop cancer
A cancer that heals itself: identifying the responsible gene
Extremely rare, but very real: a certain type of skin cancer heals spontaneously without any treatment. Its genetic origins have just been identified, which could help research discover new cancer therapies.
Some skin cancers, very rarely, can heal spontaneously. © XenonR, Wikimedia, CC by-sa 2.0
Unetumeur, which is often synonymous with the beginning of a long battle against cancer, is based on surgery, chemotherapy, deradiotherapy ... That is why the idea of a cancer that cures by itself is at least original. but it does exist! It is a very rare skin cancer known as Ferguson-Smith keratoacanthoma, or spontaneously healing multiple squamous epithelioma (MSSE).$ config [ads_text] not found
Characterized by the sudden appearance of a tumor in the skin, this canker sore is made up of keratinizing squamous cells that cause the top layers of the epidermis to form. It usually appears on the head, usually in childhood or adolescence, or even in young adults. When it gradually heals and leaves more or less visible scars, new tumors appear regularly.
Somewhere on chromosome 9 ...
This cancer was already known to be genetic, dominant. Carried by lechromosom9, the leader had not yet been identified before the work of an international team of researchers. Scientists at the Singapore Institute of Medical Biology, the University of Dundee in the UK and the University of California Los Angeles in the US have now linked the disease to mutations in the TGFBR1 protein.
The cellular TGFBR1 receptor interacts with a TGFβ molecule dimer through its association with another receptor, TGFBR2 (a). Mutations prevent this interaction or signal transmission from functioning properly (b). © Natural Genetics
This is a surface cell receptor that is involved in the transmission of the signal given by TGFβ-type hormones ("growth factor"). The interaction of the two proteins causes a number of modifications within the cell, which result in the regulation of cell growth, cell proliferation and differentiation, and apoptosis or programmed cell death. It is therefore a kind of controller to avoid any drift that can lead to the formation of tumors.
Eleven mutations on the same gene.
It is the 24200 base pair sequencing around delocalchromosomal previously identified as associated with the disease, showing the presence of 11 different mutations in the TGFBR1 gene, among 18 families affected by the disease, according to the article published in the Nature Genetics review. Identified, punctual mutations (which lead, for example, to the coding of a leclinin prolin) or deletions (which lead to the disappearance of several amino acids) lie in the regions of the gene which code for the domain of interaction with the hormone or in the kinase domain that it intends around the signal to transmit in the cell.
Under these conditions, cellular regulation is undermined as the TGF & bgr; -Hormone can no longer play its role of control ... which explains the abnormal proliferation of cells. In addition, it is already known that the dysfunction of this cellular receptor is the first genetic cause for the development of colorectal decancers. But if cell proliferation is taking place, why does the phenomenon stop spontaneously?
At this point, scientists are still struggling to find an answer. However, the discovery of the molecular origin of the tumor is already a breakthrough in itself that can help Saguérison understand. Although the disease affects only a handful of people around the world, the discovery of new information on cancer mechanisms may pave the way for the development of treatments that target a larger group of cancer patients.
- What is the highest package in BITS
- What would be at CFA Level 4
- Will you chat with me privately
- How do I set up a double residence 1
- Why avoid bees when feeding hummingbirds
- Why did you delete your account
- How do I delete questions 21
- What is your strength in interview questions
- What are the good properties of sand
- What if animals were smarter than humans?
- Why is a graphics card used
- Are Roblox reports working
- Which test statistic should I use
- Why are some people lucky
- Will give a shock to 24V DC
- Do a military test for kratom
- Explain that you are considered correct English
- What everyone does is mean to a spy
- Is it worth running Facebook sponsored ads
- If 3x 12 18 what is x
- What does MP stand for
- What is the Use of Kz Lotion
- What is IoU in object recognition
- Can I report my ISP for throttling?
- America's seniors are pampered by Medicare
- How much does fossil preparation pay
- Who shot Terence Crutcher
- What is the authority of the constitution
- What would Einstein think of programming?
- Make your own lovebirds in a cage
- Hyperventilates a panic attack
- How Telecommunications Companies Got Numbers
- How are dog years measured
- Which pump is being sucked in