Is diabetic retinopathy a disability
Simulate eye diseases and visual impairments
The visual impairment simulator was created in close cooperation with
Early stage of the disease
Middle stage disease
Late stage disease
Diabetic retinopathy is a sugar-related retinal disease of the eye and occurs in advanced diabetes.
Cause / course
It leads to a progressive loss of visual acuity, to retinal damage and bleeding into the retina, caused by vascular damage and vascular occlusion. Changes are often not noticed by the patient for a long time: only at an advanced stage do they become noticeable, when retinal detachment, fluid accumulation in the center of the retina (macular edema) or bleeding into the vitreous body occurs. The person concerned notices this through blurred and distorted vision and blind spots. If left untreated, this can lead to long-term blindness. If blood sugar levels are constantly elevated, fatty and protein substances accumulate in the sensitive vessel walls in the eye, which can then become brittle and burst. This secondary disease of diabetes mellitus is initially not associated with any impairment for the patient.
Early detection and therapy
An early diagnosis and a timely start of treatment are very important to preserve the eyesight. Therefore, the diabetic must be regularly examined by the ophthalmologist and treated if necessary. With good diabetes and high blood pressure control and ophthalmological therapy, blindness can largely be avoided.
For more information see
Ophthalmologists provide information about diabetic retinopathy (PDF)
Initiative group for early detection of diabetic eye diseases
Simulation of other eye diseases
Choose from the following visual impairments:
Last changed on 10/19/2018 10:48 AM
- Are bowling parties real
- What wisdom Gilgamesh wins
- Has ICAI ever asked RTP questions
- What are the advantages of megaphone operators
- Is filing exemptions illegal?
- One-sided love is good
- Did you know famous graphic designers
- Where are the children of celebrities educated?
- Cohen's speech threatens Trump's presidency
- What recording software do YouTubers use
- Can I exclude my personal loan?
- How do I make an interesting signature
- You should wash beverage cans before opening them
- Women are invaluable
- Where does the term language come from?
- Pop other foods like popcorn
- What does the name Sharukh Khan mean
- Are bamboo mats popular in the US
- How did Mustafa Bhatkar learn Android programming
- What are the spiritual benefits of exercise
- What are the aftermath of meditation
- What does Nietzsche say about free spirits?
- When will GATE and IES be carried out
- There is good in a BBA course
- How do I demagnetize a bike
- How do I support myself
- Why does a parent hate love
- Tectonic plate movements change direction
- What is promotional SMS
- Idling is bad for your engine
- How is the night life in Rajkot India
- Why do people think linearly
- How are French tourists treated in Vietnam