How are usability tests carried out
Usability testing: user-friendliness put to the test
Expert-based usability analysis
Our experts test according to generally valid and recognized criteria such as the principles of dialog design according to DIN EN ISO 9241-110 as well as guidelines from recognized usability experts such as Jakob Nielsen.
In addition, we put ourselves situationally and cognitively in the user's position with the help of given scenarios and assess from their perspective. You can find out more about the expert-based test of your website on our Expert Review service page.
Since our experts have a lot of experience, the usability analysis is meaningful with regard to the basic functions of the website. A user-based usability test is suitable for assessing the website from the user's perspective.
User-based usability test
In the user-based test, test persons are compiled from defined target or user groups. The test itself is usually carried out in our usability lab, which has the appropriate hardware and software. However, it can also be tested at users' homes or online.
Ultimately, the aim is to place representatives of the relevant user group in front of one or more representative tasks and to simulate a situation that is as typical of everyday life as possible. Here we not only record the results, but also learn something about the why and why.
Different methods are used depending on the budget and the task at hand. This is how the Eye tracking Eye movements recorded with the help of software while In-depth interviews Query and document users' motives and perceptions.
Click dummy or prototype?
The basis for a usability test is an interactive click dummy or prototype of a launched or newly developed website.
The simplest variants are wireframes or screens of the new design as a paper prototype. However, prototypes can also be created completely digitally - with interactive buttons and links. A fixed click path can be specified or all interaction options can be made available.
The more differentiated the design and the more varied the click options, the more realistic the result will be. The simpler and the more schematic in the design, the lower the costs for the prototype.
- Use of goes
- How unhealthy are pop tarts
- What are dynamic urls
- How do you call up a fireworks display
- Are people on fire
- There is a thing called a cold allergy
- When did your belief in love end?
- What do the different Gothic styles represent
- Fruit used for pimples
- What are the responsibilities of social media
- What is switching voltage
- What are the good properties of sand
- Will Jio GigaFiber be affordable for everyone
- How to say rainbow in Hebrew
- What body type will a kettlebell give you
- Which virtual particle mediates the electromagnetic force
- Why do people equate intelligence with superiority
- What is an unexpected use for maple syrup
- Apple employees aren't really smart
- What are the side effects of prednisone
- Multivendor Ecommerce is good with OSCommerce
- A tear in the meniscus can heal on its own
- How do you increase security
- Should I wear a hijab or not