Which Iphone 5 will work in India
10 percent of iPhone 12 production could go to India
Apple's partial relocation of device assembly to India could affect up to ten percent of the current iPhone series. This is what the local business paper assumes Business standard in a message from this week.
Apple's most important manufacturer, the Taiwanese company Foxconn, is supposed to relocate at least seven percent of its production from China, at the top it is said ten percent. In another report from the news agency IANS it is said that Apple has already confirmed the imminent production start of the iPhone 12 in India.
Subsidies and Manufacturing Partners
The iPhone group uses subsidy programs from the Indian government, the so-called Production-Linked Incentives (PLI). These allow a comparatively inexpensive build-up of production by partners such as Foxconn, Wistron and Pegatron. A first system for the iPhone 12 was set up in Tamil Nadu. Apple is also said to have announced that they are considering the production of the iPhone 12 mini at this location.
For several years, Apple has been trying to make parts of its production more independent of its Chinese locations. What is new is that flagship models such as devices from the current iPhone series are also migrating to other regions of the world. So far, mainly older models have been produced in India, which are considered simpler to manufacture. In India, meanwhile, things are going well for Apple, according to CEO Tim Cook. When the last quarterly figures were announced, he announced that they had doubled their business in India in the Christmas quarter - although sales there were at a comparatively low level because cheap Android devices dominated the market. The iPhone 12 is said to have been particularly well received, according to media reports.
Seven iPhone series from India
In a statement to the IANS, Apple announced that it was "proud to start production of the iPhone 12 in India". The devices are therefore initially intended for local customers. In the Christmas quarter, the group is said to have shipped more than 1.5 million iPhones in India.
The iPhone XR, 11, SE 2020 and the new iPhone 12 are on offer there. In addition to Foxconn, production partner Wistron in India is also to work on building an iPhone 12 production facility. So far, seven different iPhone series have been produced on the subcontinent, but never a flagship model of the current year. (bsc)Read comments (15) Go to the homepage
Mac & i informs you daily about everything important about Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch.
You can find detailed information on the dispatch procedure and your cancellation options in our data protection declaration.
- As Bill Clinton likes in real life
- Are Lithuanian descendants of Old Prussians
- What does craftsmanship mean to you
- What are some recipes of chilli cucumber
- How does a work of art make money?
- Which company should Pinterest buy and why
- What is plane polarized light 1
- How can I justify my gambling habit
- What is a safe hair straightener
- Who are the investors in Politico
- What famous wizards were in Ravenclaw
- What do all contracts have in common?
- What is movie advertising briefly explain
- What is a registered marriage
- Should I read my friend's texts
- Are all large private companies multinational companies
- How do legal advice work
- What have your friends accused you of?
- What is the chemical composition of tetrabromomethane
- How can I contact Kendrick Lamar
- What makes Sonu Nigam so nice to sing
- Why are Christianity and Communism incompatible
- What is the booking number for Indangas
- How is the weather in Europe in August