What is a democratic representation important
Democracy comes from the Greek words demos and crude from that in German people and to rule mean. Democratic countries are those states which, on the one hand, protect and represent fundamental rights and human rights and, on the other hand, ensure that all people living in a state have the same rights and obligations, but also the same opportunities, i.e. that there is equal opportunities.
In reality, however, it looks like that in no country on earth are all these ideals fully implemented. Nevertheless, we speak of countries like Austria (and many other countries with it) being democratic. We are, so to speak, on the way to ideal democracy.
In order to be able to speak of democracy, there are some criteria that must be met:
• There must be elements of direct and indirect democracy. Direct elements are areas in which the population directly decides on certain matters. This includes all different types of elections, but also referendums, referendums and referendums.
The indirect elements are those areas in which elected or delegated MPs are active, e.g. parliament and government, but also associations and social partnerships.
• In a democracy, everyone who is affected by decisions must have a say. That is regulated by the right to vote. The right to vote is, however, linked to citizenship; Hundreds of thousands who live in Austria but do not have Austrian citizenship are therefore excluded from most elections.
• In a democracy, the principle is that the majority decides (majority principle). But there are limits to this. The majority are not allowed to decide on minority rights (these are special rights for the protection of minorities), nor are they allowed to abolish human rights. In particularly important questions, a simple majority (i.e. more than 50%) is not enough, you need a qualitative majority. For example, constitutional laws in Austria can only be changed if at least two thirds of the MPs agree.
- What's next after deep learning
- How do pen tablets work
- What is rhenium 185
- Does drugs affect children?
- What are analogues and homologous
- What exactly does a RIFE machine do
- Which telecommunications network is best in the US
- How to cook kebabs on sticks
- An uncircumcised penis is normal
- Which animals benefit from forest fire?
- Which ejection fraction is heart failure
- What is the best cheap gaming headset
- Where can you buy a pergola
- Who are the most underrated people today?
- Which world market leader has the best signature
- What exactly does a chemical engineer do
- What do fintech startups need from VCs
- How do I sell subdomains
- A tree can bear different fruits
- Should I buy ukulele online
- How are cranes powered?
- What are some china videos
- What is clustering in machine learning
- What is the fastest chemical substance