Can 996 be divided by 6
How to shorten the general fraction 55/996 to its simplest equivalent form? Result written as a proper fraction, as a decimal number and as a percentage%
Detailed calculations and explanations, under
Common breaks. introduction
The fraction consists of two numbers and the fraction bar: 55/996
The number above the fraction line is the numerator: 55
The number under the fraction line is the denominator: 996
The fraction line means that the two numbers share.
To get the value of the fraction, divide the numerator by the denominator:
Value = 55 ÷ 996
To shorten a fraction:
divide the numerator and denominator by their greatest common factor, gcd
To calculate the greatest common factor, gcd:
1. Break down the numerator and denominator into prime numbers.
2. Multiply all common prime numbers by the lowest powers.
Break down the numerator and denominator into prime numbers:
Prime a number: Find the prime numbers that multiply to that number.
55 = 5 × 11;
55 is a composite number;
Notation with exponents (powers):
996 = 2 × 2 × 3 × 83 = 22 × 3 × 83;
996 is a composite number;
* The numbers that are only divided by themselves and by 1 are called prime numbers.
* A composite number is an integer that has at least one factor other than 1 and itself.
>> Split numbers into prime numbers, online calculator
Calculate the greatest common factor, gcd:
Multiply all common prime numbers by the lowest powers.
However, the numerator and denominator have no common factors.
gcd (5 × 11; 2nd2 × 3 × 83) = 1
>> Calculate the greatest common factor, gcd, online calculator
The numerator and denominator of the fraction are coprime numbers (no common divisors, gcd = 1), the fraction cannot be reduced: irreducible fraction.
fracture 55/996 is positive real fractions (numerator < nenner).="">
Rewrite the fraction:
As a decimal number:
55 ÷ 996 =
As a percentage:
'Percent%' means 'from a hundred'.
p% = p 'of a hundred'.
p% = p/100 = p ÷ 100.
fracture 100/100 = 100% = 100 ÷ 100 = 1
Multiply a number by the fraction 100/100 and their value does not change:
0,055220883534 × 100/100 =
In other words:
Calculate the value of the fraction
Multiply that number by 100,
Add the percent sign%.
>> Convert fractions to percent, online calculator
:: written in three ways ::
As a positive real break
(Counter < nenner):="">
As a decimal number:
As a percentage:
>> How to shorten the general fraction: 65/998?
Write numbers: Comma ',' is used as a thousand separator; Point '.' is used as a decimal point; two vertical bars around a number, | n |, is the symbol for the absolute value of this number;
Symbols: / fraction line; ÷ share; × multiply; + Plus; - minus; ≈ approximation; = equal;
Abbreviate Ordinary Fractions, Online Calculator
The latest abbreviated fractions
|55/996 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|3.976/134 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|1.745/17 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|450/2.408 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|58/159 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|3.974/32 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|377/555 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|4/9 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|711/19 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|189/4.593 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|27/858 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|396/344 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|120/481 = ?||May 22, 19:29 UTC (GMT)|
|See more ... shortened fractions|
Shorten fractions. Equivalent Fractions
Let's learn and shorten the fraction using an example: 12/16
- Counter of fraction The number above the fraction line 12 is called the fraction's numerator.
- Denominator of the fraction. The number below the fraction line 16 is called the denominator of the fraction;
- The value of the fraction. The fraction 12/16 indicates how many equal parts the number above the fraction line, 12, is divided into: into 16 equal parts. Thus the value of the fraction is calculated as follows:
- 12 ÷ 16 = 0,75
- We notice that the two numbers, the numerator and the denominator, divide by 2 with no remainder, so we divide them by the same number, 2:
- 12/16 = (12 ÷ 2)/(16 ÷ 2) = 6/8
- The value of the fraction 6/8 is calculated as:
- 6 ÷ 8 = 0,75
- We note that the value of the fraction 6/8 equal to that of the break 12/16 is, namely 0.75
- Abbreviated fraction, Equivalent fraction. The new break 6/8 corresponds to the original fraction 12/16, it represents the same value or proportion of the whole, and it was calculated from the original fraction by reducing it: the numerator and denominator of the fraction were divided by the number 2.
- Common divisor. The number 2, which was used to divide the two numbers that make up the fraction, is known as the common factor of the numerator and denominator of the fraction.
- Find all the factors (divisors) of a number or all common factors (divisors) of two numbers online.
- The abbreviated fraction now has a numerator of 6 and a denominator of 8.
- We also notice that the two new numbers, the new numerator and denominator, 6 and 8, divide by 2 even with no remainder (2 is a common divisor of 6 and 8), so let's divide them by 2 again:
- 6/8 = (6 ÷ 2)/(8 ÷ 2) = 3/4
- The value of the fraction 3/4 is calculated as:
- 3 ÷ 4 = 0,75
- The new mathematical fraction 3/4 is a shortened fraction and an equivalent of the fractions 12/16 and 6/8
- The break 3/4 could no longer be abbreviated, in its simplest form the numbers 3 and 4, the numerator and the denominator of the fraction are coprime numbers (prime to each other), no other common factors than 1.
Shorten fractions online to their simplest equivalent form
... read the rest of this article here: How to Shorten Ordinary Fractions?
More on the theory of common fractions:
(1) What is a fraction? Types of fractions. How do they compare?
(2) Fractions change shape, expand and contract fractions
(3) Shorten fractions. The greatest common factor, gcd
(4) How to: Compare Two Fractions with Different Numerators and Denominators
(5) Sort / arrange fractions in ascending order
(6) Add fractions
(7) Subtract fractions
(8) Multiply fractions
(9) Fractions, theory: rational numbers
- How would you invent chemical weapons?
- Which Photoshop software is the easiest to use
- How was Jesus born before Christ
- What is your opinion on social influencers
- Should I change my name legally?
- Is there a career in PHP
- How can I improve my vocal range
- What can Nepal learn from India
- The optimization through tools is good
- The smartphone industry is dying
- Who was the lead singer of Mud
- What are the most common shortcomings of ISFJs
- Is sugar solution a mixture
- Do I have to take the TOEFL
- Telerik KendoUI versus Sencha ExtJS
- What is 25 out of 20 the same
- How do private companies collect donations
- Oxygen is converted into consciousness
- What is catalytic power
- What do you like best about your office?
- If the filter in the cigarette decomposes
- How time heals all wounds
- Is it worth buying the Nokia 6
- The electrons vary in mass