Why do I have impractical dreams
There is hardly a piece of textile that provides more material for discussion when it comes to getting a good night's sleep: Opinions are still divided on the question “Socks in bed - yes or no?”. For some of us, footwear is indispensable for the (stylish) addition to everyday wardrobe. But she has no place in bed because she is seen as impractical, unhygienic or simply unsexy. For others, however, socks in bed are simply the stuff dreams are made of. Fluffy, cuddly and warming, cuddly socks are an indispensable part of the evening relaxation and sleep ritual in the uncomfortable, wet and cold winter.
As ambassadors for a good night's sleep, we took a closer look at the topic that heats up the minds. We found out that the controversial “socks for bed” have some - even scientifically proven - advantages that promote restful sleep.
Sweet dreams faster in socks
Scientists have found that sock wearers fall asleep around 15 minutes earlier than people who go to bed barefoot. The reason for this - bed socks quasi accelerate the natural process of our body to prepare for sleep. When our body temperature drops, we get sleepy. It is lowest at night when we sink into a deep sleep. In simple terms, the following happens:
Socks keep your feet warm. These in turn cause the blood vessels in our body to expand more quickly in order to release the "sock warmth" that has arisen back into the external environment. So the core temperature of our body drops. It is precisely this drop in temperature that signals to our brain: Now bedtime begins - around 15 minutes earlier than without cuddly socks in bed!
There is a lot of beneficial care in it
But socks in bed not only lead us to a restful sleep faster. They also offer plenty of space for soothing foot care: After a pleasantly warm bath and cleansing peeling, a massage with a greasy cream is really good for our feet - especially after a day of continuous use in which our feet are in boots and shoes bring you safely through the uncomfortable winter. Soft socks ensure that the cream can be absorbed easily and that our feet receive the care they deserve.
Matching socks for a good night's sleep
Of course, the true bed sock fans among us have long known. But everyone who is off to dreamland for the first time should observe a few very simple rules:
- The socks for bed should never be the same as the ones you wore all day
- Sleep socks should be made of a cozy, soft and natural material such as virgin sheep's wool or cashmere
- Cuddly socks without a fixed elastic waistband are best suited for sleeping because they allow unhindered blood circulation during the night
Well rested, even without bed socks
Despite all the advantages that speak for cozy socks in bed, convinced bed sock refusers do not have to start the day without sleep. The relaxing sock effect can also be easily reproduced - for example with a warm cherry stone pillow or a hot water bottle. But they should by no means be too hot in order to save painful injuries to bare feet. If you want to be on the safe side, you can simply wrap your feet in an additional blanket. Cold feet warm up faster in bed, even without socks - and thus a perfect basis for a good night's sleep. And to achieve that is the main thing, no matter whether with or without socks.
- How powerful are anti-material sniper rifles
- What is a super global php variable
- What is Henning in Norwegian mythology
- What should you be doing in your forties
- Is COPD curable
- Which generation of Pokemon have the best legends
- What languages did the indigenous people speak
- Who are some famous abstract photographers
- Is rdio profitable
- How does a breath arise
- How dangerous is a rabid wolf spider
- Is it worth it to develop my idea further
- Why do people fear public speaking?
- What should a newbie to networking know
- Notifies Instagram logins
- Do you know interesting African legends
- Owns Monsanto Nestle
- What happens after you are selected in NDA
- Why do students need extra money
- What is the ideal power source
- How can we help stray animals
- How is porn legal
- An injunction goes either way
- What is B2B Telemarketing