What is transcendental meditation
Transcendental meditation: the technique explained in detail
We explain the technique of transcendental meditation, its advantages and the positive effects on the body. You can learn it very easily.
We have already introduced you to Zen meditation, walking meditation, chakra meditation, mindfulness exercises and a minimalist morning routine. A new technique has been added to match this topic, transcendental meditation. We will now explain in detail what this methodology is all about.
What is transcendental meditation?
- Transcendental Meditation (TM) is the most widely practiced meditation technique in the world. Transcending can be translated as “the highest human experience”, around six million people have already learned to transcend. It is considered to be the most effective relaxation technique in which we can relax more deeply than in sleep. It is the most thoroughly researched technique for relaxation, there are around 600 studies and amazing results.
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi brought transcendental meditation to the West in 1958. It calms the mind and completely detaches from concentration. Ayurveda and enlightenment are also closely linked to it. Anyone who has already gained experience with meditation knows that it is helpful to concentrate on something at the beginning so as not to follow your thoughts. This can be the breath, an object in the room or an inner feeling like the heartbeat. In transcendental meditation, on the other hand, the mind is not controlled and a much deeper relaxation is initiated.
Benefits of Transcendental Meditation
In addition to deep relaxation, there are other, even measurable advantages of how transcendental meditation affects our body:
- Deeper relaxation than sleep (According to Harvard Medical School)
- Decrease in stress hormones
- Increase in happiness hormones
- Enhanced brainwave coherence
- Release of deep-seated and traumatic tensions
- Decrease in depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (study with veterans)
- Reduction of insomnia, ADHD, migraines, anxiety, outbursts of anger, Alzheimer's, eating disorders, addiction
- Positive effect on health, well-being, intelligence, self-esteem, brain and brain development, all areas in life and consciousness
- Increased creativity and emotional stability
Learn the transcendental meditation
According to Maharishi, concentration is not required to experience the desired deep, inner silence. The more you try to be calm, the more restless you and your mind become according to transcendental meditation. To learn to transcend, you should have a trained TM teacher by your side to guide you and teach you to transcend. Once you have learned the transcendental meditation, you can always come back to the transcendent.
How does transcendental meditation work?
A TM teacher is an asset in learning transcendental meditation, but not a must. You can also learn the technique yourself. The TM community thinks that you cannot teach yourself this meditation technique because everyone needs their own personal mantra, which can only be conveyed by a trained TM teacher. But instead of a personal mantra, you can also rely on a popular mantra that applies to most people.
Learn transcendental meditation yourself: step-by-step
- Find a comfortable seat, which can be on a chair, in a lotus position, or on a meditation cushion. Make sure your back is straight. You can also lie on your back while transcending.
- Close your eyes and feel inside yourself. What is your physical condition Start saying your mantra silently to yourself. This can be a placeholder like "Om" or "So, ham", which means something like "I am him". This is how you allow the divine and the kingdom of heaven to enter.
- Repeat the mantra over and over again in consciousness. If you get lost in a thought, bring your attention and awareness back to your mantra.
- After 15 to 20 minutes you can emerge from your transcendental meditation. Do not open your eyes immediately, but remain in your waking state for one or two minutes and perceive your body.
- According to Maharishi, anyone who performs transcendental meditation twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes will experience peace, relaxation and relaxation in their life thanks to the technology. Stress will be neutralized, awareness raised and you will feel a little better after every meditation.
Criticism of the transcendental meditation
- The practice of transcendental meditation is a trademarked form of meditation that is chargeable. The TM organization is often viewed as a sect or religious cult. Commercializing a meditation technique pisses off many critics because the organization itself does not provide any information about the method of transcending before paying.
- Another point of criticism is the personal mantra, which according to critics is given arbitrarily and has no individual benefit in life for the meditator. This is one reason meditators would pay for TM.
- The decision to pay for the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's transcendental meditation and movement and receive more in-depth information is of course up to you.
Books that explain transcendental meditation in depth are also recommended as a starting point. We found a book that sounds promising:The direct way: Transcendental Meditation according to Maharishi Yogi by Peter Russell for 18.50 euros 🛒. Clearly and understandable for skeptics, Peter Russell explains the background and everything worth knowing about transcendental meditation. You can find more books on this subject here.
Are you interested in spirituality? Then these topics could also be of interest to you: Yoga mats in the test, Selfcare 2021 and gratitude diary
Sources used: meditation.de, lotuscrafts.eu
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting the products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the relevant service provider / online shop, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- How can I contact Bono from U2
- Why should a fresher join the sale
- How do you deal with arguments
- Where can I learn VBA
- How do I measure hard skills
- How does knowledge develop in the arts
- What is a mortgage rate
- Is mbappe better than Messi and Ronaldo
- Can cause blood counts to damage nerves
- Why is Bitcoin increasing in 2019
- What counts as excessive crying
- What are typical account fees
- Egg causes fat loss
- Is angular acceleration scalar or vector
- What happened to WhatsApp Pay
- How did the Achaemenid Empire prosper
- What counts as illegal parking
- What is determenistic fenit automaton
- Lawrence Lessig would vote for Hillary Clinton
- What is the value of Rs 100
- Antivirus software is essentially a virus
- Why is seaweed important
- What does linear thinking mean
- How stores track consumer purchasing behavior