Bitcoin is currently being manipulated
Fraudsters try to manipulate the Bitcoin price with fake news
Security researchers are warning of a wave of false positives with which fraudsters want to manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin in their favor. In the past few months, a number of rumors have spread across Reddit, 4Chan and Messenger like Telegram.
For example, it was alleged that Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin was killed in a car accident. This led to a decline in the price of ETH, the Etherum cryptocurrency. The course only stabilized after Buterin posted a selfie to dispel the rumors.
Other fake news concerned Amazon, for example: The largest online retailer should "soon" accept Bitcoin. That would of course increase its value, which is why some users invested in Bitcoin. Even the German newspaper "Die Welt" reported on it. Bitcoin owners were able to get rid of them at increased prices until Amazon's denial.
Pump and dump
"People who are interested in cryptocurrencies have to think soberly," says blockchain expert Laz Alberto to Buzzfeed, which has reported extensively on the scams. New cryptocurrencies are particularly affected by fake news. So-called "pump and dump" actions are carried out via Telegram and other messengers. This triggers a price increase - for example through fake tweets or messages, after which fraudsters then sell their shares.
The price of the cryptocurrency GVT was driven up from $ 30 to $ 45 within a few hours by a fake tweet from IT guru John McAfee. McAfee allegedly advised investing in GVT. During the heyday of the cryptocurrency, fraudsters then sold their shares, and the price finally fell back to $ 30. "This is obviously illegal, but it is not regulated and the scammers get away with it," says Alberto. (red, January 22, 2018)
- What is a doubly linked list 1
- What is Brooke Baldwin's natural hair color
- Should the NHL overtime rules change
- How is the structure of CAC2
- What if Steve Jobs never existed
- How is information theory related to statistics?
- Why are people aware
- Why do you hate North Korea
- What is the most uncomfortable for you
- Slight cramps are normal in early pregnancy
- Does college really matter in today's world
- What is OHLC
- How did Charlotte NC grow so quickly
- Why chimpanzees are not kept as pets
- How was the accounting before spreadsheets
- How can I visit LBSNAA
- What are the main points of Hinduism
- Trading in stock options in the UK
- How do the people of Azerbaijan celebrate Christmas?
- Which 60s rock band is overhyped
- How much energy is there in a vacuum
- Sweets are harmful to health
- How's UCLA in summer
- What is the martial arts about