How to find dbpath in MongoDB
MongoDB is the only database system currently supported by Workflow Accelerator. If you already have an infrastructure that can provide a MongoDB instance (version 3.4.x, 3.6.x, 4.0.x, or 4.2.x Workflow Accelerator does not support MongoDB version 4.4.x), create a new instance for Workflow Accelerator and go straight to Configure MongoDB. Otherwise, follow the instructions below.
General information on installing MongoDB on other operating systems is available here:
There are two MongoDB versions, MongoDB Community Edition and MongoDB Enterprise. MongoDB Community Edition can also be used free of charge in a commercial environment, whereas MongoDB Enterprise is a commercial product that provides additional technical assistance and support. You can use either version of the Workflow Accelerator.
If you are using Linux, you can either use a package manager such as download from MongoDB or download the binary files directly. We recommend downloading via a package manager, as this also automatically downloads and configures scripts for starting and stopping the application. However, make sure you have the correct version of MongoDB installed.
The Debian section explains in more detail how MongoDB can be installed on Debian and can serve as an example for other Linux distributions.
Notes on downloading the binary files
You can find a version of MongoDB for your operating system here:
Under Windows it is necessary to download the binary files. Take into account the above notes on the bit version (64-bit).
Further details on installing MongoDB on Windows can be found here in the MongoDB documentation:
After you've downloaded MongoDB:
- Start the installation by double-clicking on the downloaded MongoDB and follow the instructions.
- You can choose a different installation directory, e.g. B. if you have the Custom Select installation option. Installation option.
- Create a data directory for the MongoDB files, for example:.
- This directory will take up a large part of the hard disk space required. Make sure the drive has enough free space.
and edit the file.
- The variable under must contain the absolute path to the data directory, for example.
- The variable under must contain the absolute path to the log directory, for example. The log file is created (or supplemented, if available) when MongoDB is started.
- The user who runs the MongoDB needs access to the data directory and the log file.
- The configuration file must conform to a valid YAML format. You can use an online checker such as YAML Lint to check the format.
- See Configuring MongoDB for information on the rest of the configuration settings.
You no longer have to perform the following three steps as of MongoDB version 4.0. The service is automatically registered during installation. You can find the service at.
- Open the Windows command line tool with administrator rights and execute the following command. Make sure that the paths correspond to the absolute paths you configured.
- The command line tool should confirm that the MongoDB service has been successfully registered.
- You can remove the service again with the following command:
- The service will run MongoDB automatically after Windows starts.
- You can now run MongoDB directly with the following command:
- The following command stops MongoDB:
- The MongoDB service is now also listed under the service administration, which can be called up as follows:
If you are installing MongoDB on a Debian system, we recommend that you use the method described in MongoDB configuration:
Now you can stop and start MongoDB with the following commands:
The server uses the standard configuration in the file under. The next section, Configuring MongoDB, provides detailed information on how to configure and create MongoDB for Workflow Accelerator. Note that MongoDB has probably already started after installation. Make sure to restart MongoDB after changing the configuration.
Is this page helpful?
- Who was the greatest new wave bass player
- Who did the painting in front of the Louvre belong to?
- What happened to Obama's Quora account
- What is the French word for small?
- Are Lithuanian descendants of Old Prussians
- How do ski sticks help when skiing
- Have you tried investing in crypto?
- Can preliminary ballot papers help minorities vote?
- What's the best free email
- How loud are bears
- Why do Olympic swimmers use protective goggles
- Hurricane Survivor, what's your story
- What powers does Doomsday have
- What are general admission tickets
- How does mathematics explain the universe
- What is a customer satisfaction model
- Where should I keep a snake enclosure
- How is life at AFMC Pune
- What is a PhD in Forensic Psychology
- Will you beat your best friend for 100,000
- How do I find out about Patreon
- What's the best way to manage millennials
- What is rhenium 185