Why is barrier-free tourism important
Disabled people have the right to self-determined and comprehensive participation and to equality. This also means that disabled and mobility-impaired people can travel without barriers. Many service providers in the travel and tourism industry have recognized the need for action. The federal government advocates barrier-free offers in all areas of tourism. Accessibility should become a trademark of tourism in Germany. The Internet portal "Simply Participate" operated by the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs offers more information.
The BMWi's commitment to barrier-free tourism combines the national political interests of promoting tourism with socio-political goals. The number of travelers for whom accessibility is important is constantly growing. One of the major hurdles for people with disabilities to participate in tourism is the lack of reliable, comprehensive and nationwide information about accessible offers along the tourist service chain.
"Travel for All"
To eliminate this information deficit, the BMWi is promoting the introduction of a nationwide uniform labeling and certification system (“Travel for All”). This also includes a database in which barrier-free tourist offers can be recorded and evaluated. The aim is to provide people with disabilities with reliable information via certified platforms. The licensees of the "Travel for All" system are tourism marketing organizations of the federal states and national tourism companies.
The "Travel for All" project, which also contributes to the Federal Government's National Action Plan in the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, builds on a funding project by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (2011 to 2014), with which, in close coordination with associations for the disabled, the Tourism industry and the 16 federal states the standards for the uniform labeling and certification system for barrier-free travel offers were developed. The "Reisen für alle" database has been integrated into the online information service of the German National Tourist Board (DZT) since 2019.
Working group "Barrier-free travel destinations in Germany"
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) sponsored the project "Barrier-free tourism for everyone in Germany - success factors and measures to improve quality" back in 2008. It was examined how far Germany is in the implementation of accessibility and what still needs to be done. As a result of this project, the "Working Group on Barrier-Free Travel Destinations in Germany" was formed. This is an association of cities and tourism regions that have dedicated themselves to the development of barrier-free tourism in Germany. The working group "Accessible Travel Destinations in Germany" has been a sponsor of the German National Tourist Board (DZT) since January 1, 2010 and presents selected accessible offers on the DZT website.
With the annual organization of the Day of Accessible Tourism sponsored by the BMWi on the International Tourism Exchange (ITB), the GNTB brings players from home and abroad together for a broad dialogue.
- What are the disadvantages of preventive medicine
- What made chemistry out of alchemy
- Are the Smashing Pumpkins still performing?
- How to file for bankruptcy in Illinois
- Is Donald J Trump politically correct
- Should India stop its moral policing
- How big was Arjuna in Mahabharata
- Especially who delivers ISIS
- Are trustworthy and trustworthy synonyms
- All combination reactions involve oxygen
- Why is digital marketing needed today
- How can you get better at walking?
- Which UX tool is the best
- Who can get a proxy marriage
- Can the military be climate neutral negative
- Where can I find alkaline water, of course
- Neurologically speaking, drummers keep time
- Why are Chinese jealous of Korean?
- People with Asperger walk quickly
- When does cash on delivery arrive on the cell phone?
- Do you manipulate people a lot?
- What kind of president do you need
- What is the main role of chitin
- All narcissistic people are sadists