How do iPhone sensors work
Water and other liquid damage to the iPhone or iPod is not covered by the warranty
If an iPhone or iPod has been damaged by liquid (such as coffee or soda), Apple's one-year limited warranty does not cover the repair. Under certain circumstances, however, the ￼Consumer protection laws grant you certain rights. The iPhone and most iPod models built after 2006 have a built-in liquid sensor (LCI) that indicates whether the device has come into contact with water or liquids containing water.
The iPhone and most iPod models have liquid sensors that can be seen from the outside.
An LCI is activated as soon as it comes into contact with water or a liquid containing water. The sensor is usually white or silver in color, but when it comes into contact with water or a liquid containing water, it turns completely red. An LCI will not activate due to excessive humidity or changes in temperature in the vicinity of the product.
To find out if the LCI in your device has come into contact with a liquid, find your device in the table below, then find the liquid sensor (s) on your device. To make the LCI more visible, use a lighted magnifying glass and change the angle of the light or device until you can see the LCI.
The table shows where the sensor (s) are located and what they look like after contact with liquid:
|product||Position of the liquid sensor|
|iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini|
|iPhone 12 Pro|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max|
|, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max|
|iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X|
|iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus|
|iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus|
|iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus|
|iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE|
|iPhone 4, iPhone 4s|
|iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS|
|iPod touch *|
|iPod nano *|
|iPod shuffle (3rd generation)|
If the LCI is red and you are not sure whether liquid damage caused the problem with your device, contact AppleCare or an authorized iPhone service provider for further assistance.
* The iPod nano (7th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation) do not have a visible liquid sensor.
- How do I treat a swollen tibia
- Why are police cars always on?
- Why haven't we abolished free will yet?
- Is HgBr2 soluble or insoluble
- Really good friendships can start after 40
- Why does Korean have so many vowels
- Which is the best RTI FAQs application
- What is meant by laminated composite carrier
- How to sell clothes on Flipkart
- Which leads to slow readers reading slowly
- Is Erdogan a Hitler fan
- Which Photoshop software is the easiest to use
- Where is the ONIDA Refrigerator Service Center
- What are the effects of connecting a hotspot
- If 3x 12 18 what is x
- Who is an indian mom
- Why are people aware
- How does Java enable high performance
- How can I win the lottery on my own?
- What are the different types of electrolytes
- What are the relationships between NFL owners
- What causes stress in animals
- How does the military go about solving the problem
- Is Michigan better than Texas A M.
- How can I use a windmill
- Ever reject new technology
- When did core banking start?
- Charge wine meters for wine tastings
- How is the population change calculated
- How do we store helium
- Millennials have to change
- Which programming language is used in the hardware
- What is your strangest hobby