What is NSE co-location
Neuron Specific Enolase (NSE)
Small cell carcinoma © Dr. Gerhard Weigl
Neuron-specific enolase (NSE) is a special metabolic enzyme (sugar metabolism), and it occurs mainly in cells of the central and peripheral nervous system as well as in so-called neuroendocrine cells. These neuroendocrine cells are found in numerous organs and tissues:
- Gastrointestinal tract,
- Urogenital tract and much more
In medicine, the measurement of the NSE in the blood is used as a so-called “tumor marker”, especially for malignant tumors of the neuroendocrine system (“neuroendocrine carcinomas”). It means that after a diagnosis of neuroendocrine carcinomaE.g. in the lungs the NSE is determined in the blood. The level of the measured values is used for assessment
- the previous course of the disease,
- the prognosis (assessment of the further course of the disease) and
- the success of the therapy.
NoteThe measurement of the NSE or other tumor markers in the blood should not be used as a screening test for a tumor disease, because this laboratory value can also be increased in a number of benign diseases.
- Have you ever had a cucumber sandwich?
- How was the United States built
- Why is Everybody Loves Raymond so underrated
- What is a democratic representation important
- Why do people hate Bill Clinton
- How should you best use your experience
- Why does Radiohead hate their song Creep
- What is the definition of a savior
- Why is Japan not using more geothermal energy
- Can people trust Malaysia
- What can I learn from Quora
- When did lying ever backfire?
- What helps a musician block writers
- How do LED TV screens work
- What is leaking in automatic cars
- How is Bulgari doing marketing in China
- What is the greatest even number
- What is the best advice for financial management
- Lord Rama Ramayana was a great person
- Is some tequila made in India
- What does ESD flooring stand for?
- Can I make Cordial Limeade with lime
- Kim Kardashian deserves all of this popularity
- How do I factor a specific product