What is tremolite asbestos
Asbestos is the oldest inorganic fibrous material used; it is still obtained today exclusively from natural mineral deposits. Depending on the rock, there are different types of fibers with slightly different chemical compositions such as chrysotile (white asbestos), crocidolite (blue asbestos), amosite (brown asbestos), antophyllite and tremolite.
In the production of asbestos, the rock is broken up in large grinders, the veins carrying asbestos are exposed, the fibers are broken down further in various stages and separated according to length classes. The materials obtained in this way are asbestos fibers, which are then processed further.
That is characteristic Needle shape, which form the asbestos crystals. As with all crystals, the structure of the crystalline composition is transferred on a microscopic (atomic) scale into the macroscopically visible form of the crystals.
Use of asbestos
Asbestos is heat-resistant, resistant to acids and alkalis and water-repellent. These properties have made asbestos an important raw material for many technical products.
Long fibers, especially the more flexible fibers of chrysotile asbestos were spun into threads that were woven or twisted into ropes. The fabrics were made into clothing, blankets and pillows, with which people and machines were protected against heat.
Medium length fibers were either used directly as fire protection material such as asbestos cardboard, sprayed on (spray asbestos) or mixed into fire protection materials such as light asbestos-containing fire protection panels. This fiber length class was also used for asbestos cement, in which the fibers mainly reinforce the material; the fibers, which are actually brittle, make the cement tough and elastic, so that very thin, durable molded parts can be made from the material, such as
- Sheets for roofing (corrugated asbestos),
- Panels for cladding facades and parapets (glazed panels),
- Panels for the production of wall elements,
- Molded parts as ventilation pipes (Toschi pipes) or
- Sewer pipes.
In total, an area of approx. 9 billion m² was built from these materials in the old Federal Republic, which corresponds roughly to the area of Lake Constance.
Short fibers were often mixed into soft organic compounds in order to make the resulting product, such as floor coverings, phenolic resin compounds for distributor covers, paint coatings or rubber seals, abrasion-resistant.
Asbestos occurs in rocks all over the world. However, asbestos was and is only commercially mined in a few countries with sufficient sources.
In Germany, the withdrawal from the use of asbestos has dragged on over a longer period of time. The marketing and use of asbestos has been completely prohibited since 1990.
Asbestos can include occur in
- Foundations, components in contact with the ground and outdoor facilities,
- Exterior walls,
- Doors and gates,
- Interior walls,
- Stairs, shafts and connection joints,
- Floors and floor coverings,
- Roofs as well
- Why is the Joint Commission important
- Can my blog make money from traffic
- What was the first inspiration for vampires
- What is pattern matching
- Are buyers competing with their suppliers
- How secure is Alibaba Cloud Storage
- Who was the first doctor
- How bad is the air pollution in China
- All sciences were originally philosophy
- Who buys synthesizers
- Is there an open source eWallet app
- When will artificial intelligence replace smartphones?
- Is Virat Kohli a real hero
- What is 2 3 divided by 30
- Is rdio profitable
- What is res setContentType text simply
- Macadamia nuts are poisonous to dogs
- Coding is really boring and difficult
- What are dynamic urls
- Most stalkers are losers
- What do you put in your lasagna
- Everything is calculated
- How do you feel about fatwa
- How it feels when loved ones cheat
- Do I need Medicare Part B.
- What is the current status of America
- SafeinCloud is a trustworthy password manager
- How far is Paris to Luxembourg
- Rig Veda still dominates Indian culture
- Is online betting risky
- Hydra can reproduce sexually
- Where do I find unconscious thinking
- What IQ is Conciderd Genie
- How long was Vanna White married