Why do expats move to Mexico
Why Millennial Expatriates Are Moving To Mexico City
If you're at all interested in art, Mexico City is the place. Whether you prefer modernist sculptures or pre-Hispanic relics, the Mexican capital has an arts scene well worth the media hype it is causing - from ornate bookstores to hundreds of museums. The result is that the capital is incredibly popular with artists - like the aspiring feminist sculptor, the French Gwladys Alonzo - who want to promote their creativity somewhere. The same goes for writers who find the financial and creative climate here ideal for freelance work while working on their favorite project novels. So, if you still think that all intellectuals are going to Paris, think again - this is the last century, literally.
Mexico City may have French-inspired subway signs, but it's cooler than Paris © Carlos Adampol Galindo / Flickr
Beyond the arts, the food in the Mexican capital is fantastic and, moreover, affordable. While Mexico City has more than a fraction of the expensive restaurants (you can only look at the world famous Pujol), the majority is concentrated in the already expensive Polanco district. The rest of the dining options are overwhelmingly cost-effective, especially for immigrants from countries where wages are significantly higher than Mexico. And while supermarket prices are often comparable to the US or UK, the ubiquitous roaming street markets ( tianguis ) still fresh food at rock-bottom prices.
Foodies Will Be Happy Here © Diego L. Cuevas / Flickr
For young professionals, rather than starving freelancers or artists, there are some perks to living in Mexico City as well, most obviously the rising middle class and the fact that it is often considered an entry point to access the rest of Latin America. Mexico is most commonly used as a Spanish-speaking guinea pig for businesses before expanding into all of Latin America. The Mexican capital is the ideal place for entrepreneurs. There are also plenty of Latin American offices for large international companies in the Mexican capital.
The high in Mexico City never stops | © Eneas de Troya / Flickr
Mexico City is also far more cosmopolitan than it owes it to be, especially in the central centers where western expats settle down and settle down. Millennial migrants are mostly concentrated in the hip hotspots of Roma and Condesa - although if they're outside of these neighborhoods, they can be found in nearby, up-and-coming areas like San Rafael, Narvarte and Escandón which has a diverse culinary and nightlife scene.
Creative people flock to Mexico City | © Eneas de Troya / Flickr
Mexico City's youth culture takes hold in the big cities (the average age in the country is 28 years old), which means that the vibe in the capital is fresh, youthful, and welcoming. as well as lively and upbeat, eager to make a change in the city and the world. Of course, it helps that the Mexican temperament as a whole is turning to the overly optimistic, just further convincing millennials that this warm and hospitable place is the ideal city to settle in.
Mexico City is an artist's paradise | © ismael villafranco / Flickr
Though there are probably many reasons why Millennial Expats shouldn't Moving to Mexico City, especially rampant problems like crime (especially the corruption of the government that filters through all levels of society) and the terrible pollution problems, move them to do. And it seems like this trend will continue for some time.
Author: Grady Martin
Grady Martin is a 33 year old journalist. Would-be social media fan. Internet specialist. Introvert. Certified thinker. Beer lawyer.
- College graduates get rich
- Which consistency model does Parse use
- How can someone escape his victim mentality
- By nature, African Americans have better rhythms
- What is a critical essay
- What are bushes 1
- How is an interview conducted?
- The Mongols were tough but fair
- Cooking destroys the fiber contained in food
- Should I change my exercise routine?
- What's going on for students studying engineering
- Why is the United States militarily conquering Russia
- How do liquid propellants work
- Is Walmart FDIC insured against cashing a check
- True Blood is a teen drama
- How common is countertransference in therapy
- How much does fossil preparation pay
- What were the placements in the SNU
- How successful are people in art school
- The Holy Spirit is a substance
- Is it legal to unlock an iPhone?
- Find C programming challenging
- What rock band of the 1970s did Beth sing
- What is a dirty egg
- What motivates you 24
- What is Michael Jordan famous for
- What are some conclusions from famous authors
- What are the benefits of ANPR
- Can the dentist put you to sleep?
- Is filing exemptions illegal?
- Can Ac Milan ever revive
- For whom was Psalm 23 written?
- How can I change my intestinal bacteria
- How do I prepare for marketing interviews