Was French ever the international language
The most important characteristic of world languages is the high number of speakers, both as mother tongue and foreign language. World languages are therefore the most widely spoken languages in the world.
Sometimes the geographical distribution of a language is also seen as an important characteristic of a world language. According to this theory, there are only 5 world languages: English, Spanish, French, Arabic and Portuguese. Only these languages are namely in states several continents used as official languages.
The international importance A world language is the question of the extent to which this language is used as a lingua franca in international contacts and in business, science and culture.
As the languages Hindi, Bengali, Japanese and Korean only Rare are used as international lingua franca, these languages are not regarded by many as world languages despite the large number of speakers.
Wikipedia also has a good article on world languages.
P.S. If you are one of the Learn world languages then we recommend the excellent language courses from Sprachenlernen24.de
These are more effective and much cheaper than Rosetta Stone!
- What is the mass specific formula for specific weight
- Top BDS colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Has PayPal helped your business?
- How would you beg for your life
- There are mosquitoes in Great Britain
- How do broken and sprained feet differ?
- What is the advantage of guelle
- Hurricane Survivor, what's your story
- Do you think CrazyMass really works
- Should psychology replace psychiatry
- How would a person evoke emotions
- Is Zozo a fallen angel
- What is a baby cuddler
- Is GSuite worth the investment
- Where does the term language come from?
- What is a steady stream
- What was new about the New Left
- Is the iPhone 6 worth it in 2017
- What is an active yogurt culture
- What's so unattractive about armpit hair
- Ice can cause IBS
- How do leaves adapt to their surroundings?
- What happens after you are selected in NDA
- What are the side effects of prednisone