How much does an optician earn
Optician salary compared
If you want to become an optician, you can also achieve this goal by studying optics. The standard period of study is 6 to 7 semesters.
Such a degree in ophthalmic optics / optometry includes, on the one hand, classical ophthalmic optics and, on the other hand, imparts biomedical and optometric basics and anatomical specialist knowledge.
Those who study optics will, for example, attend the following courses:
- Refraction and correction determination
- Contact lens fitting
- Optics, light and visual aid technology
- Anatomy and physiology of the eye, pathology, pharmacology
- Physiological optics
- Investigation techniques, measurement techniques
- manufacturing engineering
- Laser technology
- Electrical engineering
In addition, an optics degree also includes courses in natural science subjects such as mathematics and physico-chemical material properties.
However, that is by no means all that ophthalmic optics students can expect as part of their studies. Ophthalmic optics students also acquire interdisciplinary skills in subjects such as business administration, law, project management, quality management and the like through so-called elective modules.
Depending on the university, one or two practical phases are also planned in the ophthalmic degree. After successfully completing a bachelor's thesis, one attains the academic degree Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). At some universities, it is also possible to take the master craftsman's examination after two years. If you want, you can add a master’s degree afterwards.
Incidentally, the academic degree of the bachelor's or master's degree in ophthalmic optics / optometry does not "only" qualify you for a job as an optician. After successfully completing a degree in optics, you can also work in research and development, in health care or in industry. The possible employers and fields of activity include the following:
- Optical industry (e.g. eyeglass lens manufacturer)
- Research institutes
- Contact lens institutes
- Eye clinics, rehabilitation clinics, laser clinics and other medical facilities
- Advice centers for the visually impaired
- What are the most embarrassing moments in Brazil
- When do women go into labor
- What was the evolution of journalism
- What is Dolly Mix Joint when welding
- Who invented C and in what year?
- Was Indira Gandhi a threat to Indian democracy
- How many types of transgender are there
- Hey you like jazz
- Where is your dream
- Why is math so difficult and boring
- What are the basic trigonometry formulas
- When was impeachment created
- Which trading algorithm generates consistent profits
- Why is Agra called Gutter
- You can revise your film
- What are some nice birthday wishes
- What is a social media agency
- Where can you find straw rum
- How should I correctly rate my house
- Is manga better than American comics
- Has Obama ever visited Israel
- Why do ADCs treat their support poorly
- Which internet companies are NSA safe
- All brands need social media