Is it safe to ignore CPU temperature
When tuning the computer, it is important to monitor the core temperature of the CPU. One software that does this job under Windows is Core temp.
Features of Core Temp
The hardware monitoring tool Core Temp for temperature monitoring of the processor shows the temperature of each individual CPU core. The system software uses the information from the digital thermal sensor (DTS) in the processor and provides additional information on the model, platform and frequency. If this information is not sufficient, CPU-Z and GPU-Z may supply additional information.
System requirements and apps
Core Temp is freeware and can be run on Windows computers with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 2003 Server, 2008 Server (R2) and 2012 Server, with processors from Intel, AMD and VIA being supported. In addition to the downloadable EXE file, apps for Android and Windows Phone are also available to monitor the active computer while on the move.
The version of Core Temp, which we have checked for viruses, is financed by advertising and may also install additional software on the computer. If necessary, this will be downloaded from the Internet during installation and is therefore not virus-checked by us. If your virus scanner sounds an alarm, take it seriously and abort the installation.
Frequently asked questions about Core Temp
We've gathered some common questions about Core Temp, which we'll answer below.
Is Core Temp free?
Yes, Core Temp is available for free. However, the software is financed by advertising and may install additional software, so-called adware, on your computer during the installation.
Is the adware dangerous?
Unfortunately we don't know. This is because the adware is only downloaded directly from the Internet and installed on your computer when you install Core Temp, so we don't know what kind of adware it is.
What can I do to prevent adware from being installed?
You can disconnect your computer from the Internet and then install Core Temp before installing Core Temp. This eliminates the need to install the adware during the installation. However, the download and installation of the adware could take place later when you are connected to the Internet again.
How can I protect myself against dangerous adware?
Anti-virus software protects against dangerous adware by constantly checking the computer and sounding an alarm when dangerous software is installed.
Can I ignore my antivirus software's alarm?
No! If your antivirus software detects malware, don't ignore it. You then have to check whether it is a false positive or, as a precaution, cancel the installation.
Which processors does Core Temp support?
Core Temp supports a CPU from the manufacturers Intel, AMD and VIA.
Which operating systems does Core Temp support?
Core Temp supports Microsoft Windows 10 as well as the older versions XP, Vista, 7 and 8. In addition, Core Temp can be used under Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 if a CPU from the manufacturers Intel, AMD and VIA is available.
What are the alternatives?
If you'd prefer to use different software because of the adware, you could check out CPU-Z or Open Hardware Monitor.
- Why does my cat get fat quickly
- How could Square be improved?
- What gives you a good heart
- How do I unlock another phone
- How can I start the VBA Excel application
- Which laws remain constant in all the governments of the world
- What are the functions of business administration
- When do you have your best talks
- What are the best hotels in Atlanta
- Roofers guarantee their work
- What is the Meetintro mobile app
- How do I know if I am disabled?
- What is a discretionary bank order?
- Antivirus software is essentially a virus
- Who hasn't won a world championship
- What is the biggest station in India
- Why are babies so moody
- Dhoni is a god
- Which app is better for battery saving
- Neurologically speaking, drummers keep time
- How useful are twin studies
- Which startups in Melbourne, Australia are hiring
- What is the job of Kidambi Srikanth
- Can Rahul Gandhi be an opponent
- Which element is the least reactive?
- What are the alternatives to Dropbox
- How much does a smart bomb cost
- How can I marry a refugee
- What is a DVDScr XviD 1CDRip
- How do I convert acetylene to benzene
- Can SharePoint be hacked
- Does Facebook really respect the GDPR?
- Are bowling parties real