How secure is Alibaba Cloud Storage
Deploy Tableau Server in the Alibaba Cloud yourself in a distributed environment
You can run Tableau Server on two virtual machines (VMs) in a distributed environment, also known as a cluster. However, if you want to run Tableau Server in a high available (HA) distributed environment, you must start three or more Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances of the same type and capacity and configure them as additional nodes. The following scenario assumes three ECS instances, each with a Tableau Server installed. One of the instances is configured as an output node, the other two are configured as additional nodes.
The following steps show how to install and deploy a Tableau Server on a cluster of three ECS instances in a highly available and scalable configuration.
Step 1: Create an Alibaba Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
You need an existing Alibaba Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with a private and a public subnet in three different zones. For information on planning and creating a custom subneted VPC network, see Planning and Designing a VPC (Link opens in a new window) on the Alibaba website.
Step 2: Provision of three ECS instances
Deploy three ECS instances of the same type and capacity in the private subnet and distribute the nodes across the available zones. Choose instances that meet the system requirements (link opens in a new window) for Tableau Server. You install Tableau Server on each of the ECS instances and use one node as the initial server and the other two nodes as additional servers.
Step 3: Create an Alibaba Server Load Balencer for the Tableau Server Cluster
On the Alibaba website, read High Availability with the Server Load Balancer (Link opens in a new window) and follow the steps to start the Load Balancer in your Alibaba Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Create and start a public load balancer for the internet. Follow the steps to implement high availability using Server Load Balancer (link opens in a new window) on the Alibaba website.
Make sure your ECS security group is configured to only allow access to ports 80 or 443, with the source limited to hosts or host ranges accessing Tableau Server. For more information on ECS security groups, see Cases for Configuring ECS Security Groups (Link opens in a new window) on the Alibaba website.
Enter the ping path as /.
Select the Tableau Server instances and follow the instructions in Achieve cross-region load balancing through the Global Traffic Manager (Link opens in a new window) on the Alibaba website so that the load balancer balances the traffic within the instances in multiple zones.
Update Tableau Server to use the load balancer. For more information, see Adding a Load Balancer in Tableau Server Help.
- What are the best Willem Dafoes films
- What is ram
- Which antidepressants treat comorbid anxiety and depression
- Are gangs a problem in Fort Worth?
- Are there placebo narcotics
- How many protons does the bromine ion have
- Why do people like the movie October
- How do I get rid of urticaria
- Do you want to leave Quora sometimes?
- How will the European Union collapse
- Isn't socialism basically communism
- What help do enzymes
- Sucks life for you
- What are common second careers for nurses
- Which peptide produces the most growth hormone
- Recycling is always economical
- Why do some fish react to lightning?
- Should security outweigh freedom
- What are some movies that everyone should watch
- Can self-driving cars drift?
- Aviation technology is useful
- List of apartments for sale in Trivandrum
- How are coffee beans seasoned
- What are the disadvantages of farming