Why do people use metal for everything
History of sheet metal working
Medicine was very advanced in ancient Rome. Extremely precise instruments were made out of metal. One was able to pull teeth with pliers, to amputate the uvula with a suppository forceps or even to treat the cataract with a cataract needle.
One of the great masterpieces of the Romans was their water supply. They laid water pipes all over the city. These water pipes are also called aqueducts. Some of them led over 100 km across the Roman Empire. The longest aqueduct was the Eifel aqueduct, it ran from Rome to Cologne. Rome itself had 11 aqueducts, 11 thermal baths, 856 private baths and 1,352 fountains. They used lead pipes for their water pipes. They not only used lead to make water pipes, they also made all kinds of everyday objects from lead, such as lamps, bowls and chains. Due to the increased demand, the lead extraction process also had to be optimized, which is why the Romans systematically promoted lead extraction.
Iron and bronze were important raw materials for the military. The Roman army needed swords made of iron as well as armor with helmets, breastplates and greaves made of bronze. In order to equip a Roman legion (3,000-6,000 men), it is estimated that more than 30 tons of pig iron had to be processed. At the time, Rome was the most powerful empire of all, not least because of its weapons and fighting techniques.
The sword Gladius was particularly magnificent. It was a short sword forged from iron, which the Romans took over from the Celtiberians. The gladius was practically the perfect weapon for the Roman legionnaire, because the Romans often fought in close infantry formations. Due to the size of the gladius, the Roman legionnaire was able to use his weapon even in the thick of battle without giving up his cover.
- How can water boil under ice
- What makes a song commercial
- The secret of a happy marriage
- What is AOV in business
- All houseplants help purify the air
- What is a good starter wine
- Why do companies fail
- R is an object-oriented programming language
- What's your salary in Saudi Arabia
- What was the best marketed music album
- How far do ravens wander
- Boys can use dildos
- Which startups in Melbourne, Australia are hiring
- What exactly is a black hole 3
- What is belly dance
- How do I pack cutlery for the move
- Are trading apps good
- What is compatible with an Aries
- Who are the famous sociologists
- Where are aircraft made
- How does a hair transplant really work
- What is Nikola Jokics' potential
- Is Berkeley a good place to retreat?
- What do students want from their accommodation?