Which tools for employee recognition do you know
Personal training: Recognizing and promoting the potential of employees
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find good specialists and managers. Management trainer Petra Klein explains what needs to be considered when recognizing and promoting employee potential and leadership skills.
In view of demographic change, it is becoming more important to make better use of the existing employee potential. In order for this to succeed, it takes Potential analysisthat accurately show what skills the respective junior employees already have, what potential they have and whether they are capable of assuming a higher position in the company.
In order to be able to reliably determine how likely this is, four things should be considered during the potential analysis:
1. Strengths and weaknesses
A potential analysis has to record which individual skills characterize a junior employee and whether they can be used to develop competencies that are required for a new position. It should be noted that strengths are always associated with weaknesses.
This example shows what is meant by this: It is typical for people with a pronounced assertiveness, for example, that they enforce the company's goals and plans - even against resistance - even if this should affect the relationship with those involved.
Those, on the other hand, who are characterized by a high relationship or team orientation, tend to use power less often, even if they have some, because they are more oriented towards harmony. The strengths of relationship-oriented people are empathy, willingness to help and the ability to integrate - important for employee motivation - which assertive people can lack.
Even the greatest potential can only be developed if the person concerned is motivated to actually use their talents Competencies to develop. How pronounced this inner motivation is should therefore also be determined as part of a potential analysis. Experience shows that employees who recognize the possibilities they have at their disposal are more motivated to activate this dormant potential and to work on expanding their skills.
It is also necessary to determine how strong-willed a junior employee is. Because willpower is required in order to optimally use a goal, for example one's own potential, to pursue it consistently and even during frustrating experiences and phases of stagnation. The willpower and the ability to control oneself in a goal-oriented manner are what turn an average employee into an above-average success Executive can make.
The ability for self-reflection is another factor that influences the extent to which a person can develop their existing potential. Because only those who are able to reflect on their own actions will not only react impulsively, but also choose the behavioral alternative that appears particularly expedient. Above all for people who have to control their actions according to strategic standards, the ability to critically reflect on one's own actions is indispensable.
(Image: © ioannis kounadeas - fotolia.com)
- What is the most original business idea
- Which song has a better acoustic version
- What marketing should be healthy for the business
- What does a consumer-centric website mean
- Which is the best school in Finland
- What are your biggest problems with Quora
- By nature, African Americans have better rhythms
- What are popular tech forums
- What defines the environment of a neuron
- What are shekels
- Is acoustics connected to music
- Quora is dominated by university professors
- Organic chemistry What is a carboxyl group
- What are the downsides of Yale
- What if Arjun does it in Mahabharat
- What is Palasa famous for?
- How do beliefs determine our behavior
- Why does my hot water fluctuate
- Can cause hair loss during childbirth
- What are sports brands
- What is taught in the painting course
- How hard can you hit
- Sometimes they are rumors
- What's your uncomfortable moment in context
- Who are the top health industry analysts
- Why isn't ASEAN invading Vietnam?
- My cat thinks I'm his girlfriend
- What's the best way to manage millennials
- Wealth really comes from reducing entropy
- How often are operations unnecessary
- Why is Lenovo Successful
- What are the innumerable places that Jesus visited
- What are the advantages in design
- Tierra del Fuego is part of Patagonia