How do you reduce the systematic risk
The causes of the risk can be general inflation, political events or natural disasters. In contrast to unsystematic risk, systematic risk cannot be reduced through diversification. The inevitable risk of investing in stocks is therefore systematic risk. It is therefore particularly important for an investor to identify this type of risk. The quantity that indicates the degree of dependence of an investment on the systematic risk is called the beta factor. It indicates the extent to which a share reproduces market movements, measured, for example, on a share index. The higher the beta factor, the more the stock reacts to changes in the stock index.
According to capital market theory, the overall risk associated with an investment is broken down into systematic and unsystematic (partial) risks. The systematic risk of a capital market investment is that part of the overall risk whose fundamental causes lie in the investment group (e.g. German bonds). The causes of risk can then e.g. B. derived from changes in interest rates, inflation, political events, natural disasters.
Every investment in securities poses a specific risk with regard to the diversification of returns. Part of this risk, the unsystematic risk, can be avoided through efficient diversification with other securities investments. The remaining residual risk is the systematic risk. The systematic risk thus measures the risk that cannot be avoided even through an efficient mix with other securities.
The systematic risk is used to determine the return on a security. On a capital market that is in equilibrium, the expected value of the return on a security consists of the risk-free market interest rate and a risk premium. This risk premium is calculated from the market price for the assumption of risk, which is multiplied by the systematic risk.
See also: Modigliani-Miller theorem, Tobin separation
Previous technical term: systematic error | Next technical term: systems
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- How do you get a literary agent
- Are there any scientific problems in real life
- What kind of vitamins are in radishes
- Bitcoin is currently being manipulated
- Are all compact sets closed sets
- Why is minesweeper so heavy
- Why does the OnePlus keep crashing
- Is love a universal thing
- What is a stale relationship
- How do prototypes work when declaring objects
- Where are the lysosomes
- Where can I download Afrikaans music for free
- Can psychopaths become psychologically addicted to drugs
- All lights keep blinking
- What are the best degrees online
- What is a pickup basketball game
- Supports Motorola One Action NFC
- What does craftsmanship mean to you
- What is TFP growth
- How can the user interface of Quoras be improved 1
- What programming skills should I learn next?
- Why are all living beings connected to one another
- Why were there more poor people in India?
- Can inconsistency in DBMS be avoided