Two suns rise in Japan
Sunrise and sunset in Japan
Sunrise today: 4:29 am(Figures for Tokyo)
Sunset today: 6:46 pm
Sunset today: 6:46 pm
The times for sunrise and sunset in Japan are determined by the moderate location in the northern hemisphere. Not as extreme as in the Nordic countries, but still noticeable. The days are longer in summer than in winter. With up to 14:40 hours, the longest days are in June. The longest dark nights, on the other hand, are in winter (in the southern hemisphere it is exactly the opposite). In December, the night in Tokyo lasts almost 15 hours and the days start around 2 hours later.
If you want to watch the sunrise these days, you have to get up early in the morning. The sun rises in Tokyo at 4:29 a.m. The sunset can currently be viewed at around 6:46 pm.
Back to overview: Japan
Country QuizCountry CodesCSV DownloadsWhat is a Country?
Duration of sunshine at twilight
Average length of daylight in Tokyo
Sunrise and sunset in the largest cities of JapanThe order of the cities is from east to west, i.e. in the approximate direction of the course of the sun. Since the sun's orbit is elliptical, sunrise and sunset are never at the same time on a whole degree of longitude. All data given for May 23rd, local time in Japan.
Sunrise and sunset by month (Tokyo)
Where does the sun rise in Japan?The sun always rises in the east, everywhere and regardless of the country or continent. The easternmost city in Japan is Nemuro in Hokkaido Prefecture. There the sun rises at 3:44 a.m. and sets again at 6:44 p.m. The latest sunset is currently in the west in the city of Ishigaki (Okinawa) at 7:24 p.m.
Duration of the sunsetThe distance from the equator and the orbit of the sun not only determine the time of sunrise and sunset. The further a country is from the equator, the more oblique is the path of the sun to the horizon. And this results in a different duration that a sunset takes. Tokyo is located at latitude 36 degrees north, which means that it is quite far from the equator. While a sunset near the equator only lasts around 20 minutes, the average time in Japan is 29 minutes. In June it is around 30 minutes in Tokyo, while in December it is 28 minutes.
Other cities around the world for comparison
Imprint Data Protection
All information without guarantee © Laenderdaten.info
Illustration: 6457922 © Tombaky | Dreamstime.com
- What is the forearm incident in cricket
- What are the top 10 budget countries
- May cause belt rose depression
- Why is heterochromatin transcriptionally inactive
- Why did Vladimir Putin apologize to Mikhail Khodorkovsky
- Is there a scientific explanation for chance?
- How many countries are bombing the USA
- What are some of the best city furniture designs
- How can I stop being jealous
- What is x 3 2
- Why don't mosquitoes bite the palm of your hand?
- Is the Mi A1 good
- What is content-driven marketing
- Is free software vulnerable to attack
- Why don't we get what we imagined
- In Egypt they offer English classes
- What is master data in ERP
- How do I learn gay sucking
- Which SC rank qualifies for NIT
- Is 24 percent body fat too much
- Who is Algawadi Leader
- What is Marketing API
- How does CRM software help school management
- What is the attorney general investigating