How big is the global maker movement
Critical maker culture
Makerspaces and labs open up new ways to strengthen social self-determination. Citizens can participate in the development and production of artifacts in these rooms. It is characteristic of them that projects are carried out in a decentralized manner due to the democratization of technology and global networking. In this way, new forms of cooperation can be tried out. But under what conditions can the maker culture develop participatory potential and for whom? How are diversity and inclusion promoted through open laboratory structures?
The term “maker movement” describes networks of producers who develop and create new artifacts in a decentralized manner through digital production options such as open source code and rapid prototyping. In many cases, the place of production are so-called labs, which are embedded in an open ecosystem of actors and resources.
Open laboratory structures
A central question in this context is whether open laboratory structures in their different forms - as FabLabs, Makerspaces, Think / Do-Tanks or similar. - enable broader sections of the population to have access to technologies and their own production facilities. The research group focuses on three different areas: gender, sustainability and international development and examines how the promise of a “democratization of technologies” could be kept in order to create more fair access.
These questions are empirically examined and compared internationally in order to localize overarching tendencies and challenges. In addition, through the exploratory method of "critical making" with own design experiments, interventions and drafts, the research object is critically reflected and a contribution to the discourse is formulated, e.g. B. in the form of prototypes as well as performances and exhibitions.
Members of the research group
Publications of the research group
To the next research group
- What to expect after taking sertraline
- Is B3 a stable cation
- How is an interview conducted?
- Think creationism is scientific
- Women are invaluable
- Are parents allowed in SRM freshmen orientation?
- Should burocrats join politics
- How would you define development
- How did the capital of Bihar become Patna?
- You can drink with Lyme disease
- What's wrong with Jainism
- How do I torrent Chinese songs
- Delhi is in a dangerous earthquake zone
- Helps adderall or does it hurt the perception
- Why is antimatter so rare
- Exactly how fast is Gigabit Ethernet
- What are the PG courses after mechatronics
- What exactly defines the 10 + 2 qualification
- Can you decipher the word ERVEE?
- What is the source of beach sediment
- How many weapons does Britain have
- Why the concept of the big bang
- Where can I buy authentic Roman paintings?
- When will India get first class infrastructure?