Companies still allow BYOD
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Anyone who allows smartphones, tablets & Co. in their company and integrates them sensibly into the work processes paves the way for real advantages. Regardless of whether these mobile devices are provided centrally or brought by the employees. Mobile access to company resources for employees and service providers who do not work on site can significantly increase their productivity. An intelligent combination of access controls and device management allows the devices to be used securely and efficiently for remote access. In addition, communication is no longer restricted on business trips. Employees can access e-mails, calendar entries and notifications from anywhere.
Introduction with a sense of proportion
Of course, with all of the productivity benefits mentioned, there are also some risks that need to be taken seriously. In the “Global Information Security Workforce Study 2015” of the (ISC) 2 Foundation, mobile devices were named as the fourth most important security problem. Like PCs, they are also vulnerable to malware. The Android and iOS operating systems in particular are exposed to great risks, as they are preferred targets for criminals with a combined market share of 96.3%. However, malware is not the only threat these devices face. Drive-by and phishing websites are additional dangers that must be considered when using BYOD. Even if the mobile device itself is secure, that is no guarantee that it can be used securely in a business environment. As soon as employees access company documents with mobile devices, it must be ensured that confidential information cannot fall into unauthorized hands. Regardless of whether accidentally (e.g. by uploading files to a file sharing service) or intentionally (insider threat).
- How was pantyhose invented and why
- Is reselling on Instagram illegal
- What is high speed internet access
- What are some of your street smarts
- Camping in winter is a good idea
- Why is Nevada City in California
- Truths and facts are in reality boring
- How are inguinal lymph nodes treated
- Tierra del Fuego is part of Patagonia
- How did art reflect romanticism?
- Is ammonium chloride neutral salt
- Are socks and mittens related
- You can revise your film
- Why should I see Breaking Bad
- Are reconditioned phones good or not
- Why does nobody care
- Why is the band Gamma so underestimated
- What makes liberalism still present
- What is considered excessive noise
- How could Operation Barbarossa have been successful?
- Akrit Jaswal is a scam
- Can someone compete against Amazon and win?
- What do you mean by capital budgeting
- Should reunite Delaware with Pennsylvania