How many missiles has Syria shot down?
Syrian air defense intercepts Israeli missiles near Damascus
Damascus - According to the government there, the air defense in Syria intercepted several missiles near Damascus and shot down some of them. Israel attacked from the Golan Heights on Sunday evening in the area of the Syrian capital, reported the state agency Sana. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed Iran for the explosion on a cargo ship of an Israeli company in the Gulf of Oman.
This is clear, said Netanyahu in an interview published on Monday morning with the channel Kan. He reiterated that Israel would not allow a nuclear-armed Iran. According to media reports, the interview was recorded on Sunday evening, before Syria accused the Israeli military of rocket fire.
Conflict between Israel and Iran
An explosion had occurred on the ship on Friday. There have been several incidents in the past in the Gulf of Oman. In the summer of 2019, for example, there were alleged attacks on two tankers that were damaged. The suspicion was directed against Iran, which however rejected the allegations. Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz had told Kan on Saturday evening: "There is an assessment that it was the Iranians, but that needs further investigation." Iran is enemies with Israel.
Sana posted several photos and videos allegedly showing the air defense shooting down the missiles. At first, there were no explosions to be seen in the pictures, only luminous dots from the anti-missile missiles in the night sky. There were initially no reports of victims or damage.
Israel regularly attacks targets in Syria. These attacks are often directed against pro-Iranian militias. Israel wants to push back the military influence of Iran, which is allied with the government in Damascus, in the neighboring civil war country.
An Iranian nuclear physicist was killed in an attack in November. The Iranian leadership had accused the USA and Israel at the time. Israel then adjusted to possible acts of revenge by Tehran. Commenting on the explosion on the ship, Gantz said it was known that Iran was targeting Israeli infrastructure and Israeli citizens, among other things.
The war in Syria has been going on for almost ten years. According to a recent UN report, tens of thousands of people have been arbitrarily arrested since then and are still missing. The Syrian government is guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity, according to a report by the UN Commission on Human Rights presented in Geneva on Monday. Rebels and the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have also committed war crimes. The terrorist militia Islamic (IS) State accuses the report of genocide. (APA, red, 1.3.2021)
- Old wiring creates higher electricity bills
- What is it like to be DDoSed
- What is Neosporin cream used for?
- Should reunite Delaware with Pennsylvania
- How is King Dushyanta related to Mahabharata?
- Why do companies switch bank accounts
- How can I learn drone programming
- Who does the family dollar belong to
- Do I have to take the TOEFL
- Why is MVC better than web forms
- Why do people hate Richard Stallman
- How do you become addicted to learning
- When Ganga declared the National River
- How does an automatic transmission oil flush
- Android competes well with Apple
- What is the teaching of the Sukkah
- Who is this rocker guitarist
- How did ADHD affect your parenting
- Does capitalism make people happy?
- How nomadic were hunters and collectors from the Paleolithic Age
- How can I donate my books
- What does a General Counsel do
- How pulleys make things easier
- Global warming is declining in winter
- Who loves the first boy or girl
- Why can't brahmins eat beef?
- Who is the best orthotist in Bangalore
- Zaheer Khan's international career is over
- Energy has an attraction
- How often do you pray
- Where do I learn SAP SCM online
- You will need pain medication after liposuction
- What kind of films are there
- Why are people still buying bitcoin