Can I put my criminal record online?
Criminal record certificate
The Criminal record certificate (formerly: certificate of good repute, conduct or morals certificate or so-called police certificate of good conduct) provides information about the convictions of a person entered in the criminal record or that the criminal record does not contain such a conviction. you can only be issued to the person concerned at their request.
For many activities and professions (e.g. joining a security or guarding company), a current criminal record certificate is required. The certificate may in most cases not older than three months be.
Since January 1, 2014, a special "criminal record certificate child and youth welfare" applied for and issued, if these
- to test the suitability for employment for professional or organized voluntary activities in which there is direct and regular contact with children, needed becomes and
- a corresponding Confirmation from the (future or current) employer or the organization is available.
Since July 1, 2020, a special "criminal record certificate care and support" applied for and issued, if these
- to test the suitability for employment for professional or organized voluntary work, which mainly includes the care and support of defenseless people and
- a corresponding Confirmation from the (future or current) employeror the organization is available.
The "criminal record certificate for child and youth welfare" and the "criminal record certificate for care and support" provide information on whether convictions against sexual integrity and self-determination and related entries such as judicial prohibitions on activities are entered in the criminal record and marked accordingly or not.
Citizens of another EU member state can, when applying for a "criminal record certificate" and / or a "criminal record certificate child and youth welfare" and / or a "criminal record certificate care and care", request that the relevant information be obtained from the criminal record of the EU member state concerned and that they Submitted by the criminal records office of the Provincial Police Department Vienna retrospectively to the already issued Austrian criminal record certificate.
A "criminal record certificate" (but not the special certificates "criminal record certificate child and youth welfare" or "criminal record certificate nursing and care", for which a confirmation from the employer or the organization is required) can also be provided on-line requested (→ BMI). To do this, you need a citizen card, which is also available as a mobile phone signature.
Issuance of a "criminal record certificate" and / or "criminal record certificate child and youth welfare" and / or a "criminal record certificate of care and support":
The criminal record certificate can - regardless of the main residence - at everyonecompetent authority, in whose sphere of activity the applicant is just staying, be requested. The application and collection of the criminal record certificate is only during the business hours of the parties possible. These often differ from the official hours. Please inquire in advance about the times of the party traffic the authority responsible for you. The contact information of the competent authority is displayed by clicking on one of the links above (e.g. "Landespolizeidirektion" or "Mayor") and then entering either the postcode or the name of the municipality concerned. If several places appear with the same postcode, please select the correct place.
The applicant must - with the exception of online applications using a citizen card (e-signature) - in order to determine their identity at least once, either when submitting the application or when collecting it, personally appear before the authorities. It is therefore possible to have someone else represent you either for the application or for collection. This requires a power of attorney for this. The personal appearance of one represented by a lawyer Applicant to the authority is generally not required if the lawyer authorized by him / her the Copy of the applicant's official photo ID enclosed.
With the exception of online applications using a citizen card (e-signature), the applicant has to determine their identity at least once, either when submitting the application or when collecting it, personally to appear before the authority. It is therefore possible to have someone else represent you either for the application or for collection. This requires a power of attorney.
The personal appearance of one represented by a lawyer Applicant to the authority is generally not required if the lawyer authorized by him / her the Copy of the applicant's official photo ID enclosed.
- Official photo ID (proof of identity; for citizens of another EU member state who require information to be obtained from this country: proof of citizenship / s - e.g. by passport or identity card)
- To prove previous names (which must be stated in the application): e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, adoption certificate
- In the case of application or collection by someone else: power of attorney
- For a "criminal record certificate for child and youth welfare" or "criminal record certificate for care and support", additionally: a fully completed confirmation signed by the (future or current) employer or the organization.
If the identity of the applicant cannot be properly ascertained on the basis of the official photo ID, e.g. because the current surname stated in the application has not yet been corrected in the identification document submitted, appropriate documents (marriage certificate, notification of name change, etc.) must be submitted. The award notification must be submitted as proof of any academic degree that is not entered in the official photo ID.
In principle, the costs for applying for and issuing a criminal record certificate total EUR 30.70 or EUR 25 for electronic applications. These costs break down as follows:
For the application
For issuing a criminal record certificate
- Certificate fee: 14.30 euros
The certificate fee does not apply if the criminal record certificate is only intended to be used for submission to a specific body (natural or legal person, e.g. employer, authority). In this case, the certificate costs a total of 16.40 euros (for an electronic application with a citizen card, e.g. mobile phone signature, 10.70 euros).
- Federal administration tax: EUR 2.10
By request the criminal record certificate - provided the application was made in person and online - sent become. The delivery is always carried out with an RSa letter (handwritten); however, the applicant can also request delivery by normal letter.
If the "criminal record certificate" or "criminal record certificate child and youth welfare" or "criminal record certificate nursing and care" does not contain any convictions, it will be issued in two languages (German / English).
In the Police commissioners in Vienna becomes the criminal record certificate generally handed over immediately. The prerequisite is that all documents required to determine the identity of the applicant are available immediately and that there is no advertisement for the determination of residence, arrest, etc. In the case of immediate delivery, representation by a third person is therefore out of the question.
A number of other authorities in Germany also issue the certificate - if all requirements are met - usually within a few minutes. If the municipality to which the application is submitted does not have direct access to the criminal record data, there may be a waiting time of approx. 10 days. If the application is submitted to an Austrian representative authority abroad, the waiting times can be longer.
Convictions that are not subject to the limited information and thus appear in a "criminal record certificate" often pose a problem when applying for a new job. A limitation of the information can be obtained through pardon. In principle, the request for pardon can be submitted informally to the Federal Ministry of Justice (→ BMJ), but should at least include a description of a reason for pardon (e.g. the prospect of a specific job) and the reason for mercy (e.g. particularly positive behavior since the offense / dismissal). In order to avoid any queries, the following information should be given in particular:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth and place of birth
- Court, file number and date of the decision (s) to which the request for pardon relates.
Usually, a pardon is only considered after half of the repayment period has expired. In any case, there is no legal entitlement to a pardon.
Criminal Records Act 1968 (in particular sections 10, 10a, 11)
To the form
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- How do Minecraft servers make money
- How does wind affect the earth?
- Expats are welcome in Dubai
- How Telecommunications Companies Got Numbers
- What are good techniques for painting perspective
- What is recall hell
- Find Jewish girls attractive
- Will K Pop end in 2020
- How bad it is to scream, to sing
- How does a transmission error affect the bandwidth?
- Which trimmer is best Nova or Syska
- Why are algorithms made so complicated
- Facebook makes money with internet service providers
- Rusts pig iron
- What important belief did the Arians have?
- How can I teach logical implication
- Can we work offline in Google Chrome
- How do you make music sound like echoes
- What are some gender neutrality websites
- Can I buy new books with portraits of characters
- Can I sell my Korean product online?
- How does Climeworks CO2 Capture Plants work
- Should Manchester United sell Alexis Sanchez
- What does Bassnectar use