How many people live in Weston Florida
Weston is a city in Broward County in the US state of Florida with 65,333 inhabitants (as of 2010).
In 2008 Weston was dated Money Magazine dubbed the best place to live in the state of Florida.
Weston is west of Sunrise and Davie and north of Southwest Ranches and Pembroke Pines on the edge of the Everglades.
Weston's winters are mostly dry and warm, while the summers are mostly humid and hot.
According to the 2010 census, the then 65,333 inhabitants were distributed over 24,394 households. The population density was 1062.3 inh / km². 85.8% of the population identified themselves as whites, 4.4% as African-Americans, 0.1% as Indians and 4.6% as Asian Americans. 2.7% said they belonged to another ethnic group and 2.4% to several ethnic groups. 44.9% of the population were Hispanics or Latinos.
In 2010 children under 18 years of age and 17.9% of all households lived in 52.8% of all households with persons at least 65 years of age. 83.7% of the households were family households (consisting of married couples with or without offspring or one parent with offspring). The average household size was 3.08 people and the average family size was 3.38 people.
33.6% of the population were younger than 20 years, 20.0% were 20 to 39 years old, 34.6% were 40 to 59 years old, and 11.9% were at least 60 years old. The mean age was 38 years. 48.5% of the population were male and 51.5% were female.
The median annual income was $ 94,084, with 4.9% of the population living below the poverty line.
In 2000, English was the mother tongue of 62.54% of the population, 31.40% spoke Spanish and 6.06% had another mother tongue.
Schools and education
Weston has first class schools. The Cypress Bay High School is one of the largest schools in the USA.
- Elementary schools:
(corresponds to the German elementary school; grades 1 to 5)
- Country Isles Elementary School
- Eagle Point Elementary School
- Everglades Elementary School
- Gator Run Elementary School
- Indian Trace Elementary School
- Manatee Bay Elementary School
- Middle schools:
("Middle School"; Grades 6 to 8)
- Falcon Cove Middle School
- Tequesta Trace Middle School
- High schools:
(corresponds to secondary schools)
- Private schools:
- American InterContinental University South Florida campus
- Broward College (small campus)
Culture and sights
There are several parks in Weston:
- Tequesta Trace Park: has among other things baseball and soccer fields.
- Vista Park: He's near the Cypress Bay High School and the Falcon Cove Middle School.
- Weston Regional Park: has a swimming pool, as well as a baseball and soccer field, playgrounds and much more.
The metropolitan area is served by Interstate 75, U.S. Highway 27 and Florida State Roads 25, 84, 818 and 820 crosses or tangents. Not far northeast of the city, the I-595 branches off at a traffic junction in the direction of Fort Lauderdale and the SR 869 (Sawgrass Expressway, toll) off I-75 towards Deerfield Beach.
The crime rate in 2010 was 74 points (US average: 266 points) in the low range. There were three rapes, five robberies, 30 assaults, 135 break-ins, 585 thefts, 36 car thefts and one arson.
- Carlos Pena Jr. (* 1989), actor and singer
- Pretty Ricky, hip hop group
- Angelo Dundee (1921–2012), former boxing coach (including: Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali)
- Sugar Ray Leonard (born 1956), boxer
- Roberto Moreno (* 1959), racing car driver
- Will Allen (* 1978), football player with the Miami Dolphins
- Jason Taylor (born 1974), Miami Dolphins football player
- John Offerdahl, former Miami Dolphins football player
- Dan Marino (born 1961), NFL Hall of Fame quarterback for the Miami Dolphins
- Andre Goodman (born 1978), Denver Broncos football player
- Brandon Jackson, Cleveland Browns football player
- Eddie Jones, former NFL player
- Bernie Kosar, former quarterback for the Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins, college quarterback for the University of Miami Hurricanes
- Randy McMichael, San Diego Chargers football player
- Joey Porter (born 1977), football player with the Arizona Cardinals
- José Canseco (* 1964), former baseball player
- Bartolo Colón (* 1973), New York Mets baseball player
- Al Leiter (* 1965), former baseball player for the New York Yankees, New York Mets, Florida Marlins and Toronto Blue Jays
- Hanley Ramirez (born 1983), Florida Marlins baseball player
- Manny Ramirez (* 1972), former baseball player
- Rodney Rogers (* 1971), former NBA player
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.
- Why is maple syrup so expensive
- How can I make 25 HCl
- What is a cooperation agreement
- What is a full frame DSLR camera
- When is the 2016 Viking season coming
- What is an upgrade in SAP 1
- How to read isometric piping drawings
- Was Artemis and Apollo popular with others
- Who is Tom Dwan
- What is a doubly linked list 1
- What makes people be peer pressure
- With which organ do squirrels breathe
- How do the people in Portugal get along?
- How do I sell fragrances online
- What bottled water is best for dehydration
- What do intangible assets really measure
- What are the tipping rules in India
- Are Nvidia drivers free
- Does it help to talk to plants?
- Which domestic poultry eats deer ticks
- What is the history of soup dumplings
- What should I prepare to negotiate the salary?
- What causes blood in the urine in women
- How can I change the settings for Yahoo Mails?