What does this sticker mean
What does this sticker on the back of my passport mean?
I can answer that because it happens to me very regularly, and for good reason.
Typically, U.S. / UK / European / Australian / New Zealand passport holders in a variety of countries do not need a visa upfront or often issue one on arrival. If you are traveling within North America or Europe where these visa requirements are known, an airline will simply check you in.
The security clearance sticker is used whenever the airline is required to return you to your origin in the event that you are denied entry. In many countries, you must go through passport control both on leaving and on entry. However, in the UK and Europe, passport control at many airports is only yours entry and not when you leave.
I have an Indian passport which means I need a visa for most destinations. If I ever get into a situation where I go to a country and I am denied entry, the airline has an obligation to fly me back. It is for this reason that airlines carry out their visa checks for passport holders of whom they are knowledge, that they need a visa and stick this sticker on after validation. Do not remove this sticker until you have reached your destination, because if you have any questions - for example, employees at the gate may want to confirm your visa status - the airline staff will check whether this sticker has been released for you.
ICTS International (that's the company name; I've seen employees at airports wearing IDs that read "i-Sec") is one of those companies that many airlines hire out this job to. Another company that airlines outsource this task to is CheckPoint. Some airlines do their own checks and use the same sticker system.
- When did border walls ever work?
- Are Bengal cats stronger than Maine Coons
- How can we encourage each other in dance?
- Which belief is accepted without question?
- Should I start my bike by choke?
- How were Egyptians incinerated?
- What are the stages of evolution
- How do you record requirements without documentation
- What big companies pose a threat to Tesla
- Are homeowners responsible for water pipe breaks
- What causes the gray-white covering
- Is there a cure for leprosy
- Why is Harley Davidson expensive 1
- What's the coolest gaming mouse
- Who is a pure muslim
- Can babies only survive with Soylent?
- Where's Waco
- Synthetic rubber can completely replace natural rubber
- Why are bridgehead carbocations unstable
- How many girls play pc games
- How does Zomato decide on the pricing of ads
- Is there any benefit to smoking joints
- What are insectivorous birds
- Does wood glue work on metal