Are RFID-based projects associated with optical communication
NFC - Near Field Communication offers these functions
The security of the NFC function is not only discussed in connection with contactless payment processes. In principle, a transponder can be read out by any NFC-enabled device. The same applies to data on NFC-enabled smartphones, provided the function is activated. And that without a user actively initiating or approving the data transfer. That calls data protectionists on the scene.
The discussion focuses on the following Security Risks and Privacy Concerns:
- a loss of NFC-enabled bank cards, mobile devices or other chip carriers
- the unauthorized reading of the data stored on the NFC chip by third parties
- the manipulation of data transmission with contactless payment curtains
- the creation of behavior, usage and movement profiles based on the contactless read out information on NFC-enabled devices
Measures for the secure and data protection-compliant use of the NFC function and other RFID-based technologies were discussed at the 72nd Conference of the Federal and State Data Protection Officers on October 26 and 27, 2006. As a result of the conference, the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI) published binding regulations for the use of RFID technologies.
The requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Transparency: If RFID technology is used, those affected must be informed about it.
- Labeling obligation: Those affected must be able to recognize RFID tags and understand their communication processes.
- No secret profiling: Personal behavior, usage and movement profiles may only be created with the consent of those affected.
- Encryption: Providers of RFID-based applications are obliged to prevent unauthorized reading of stored user data - for example through encryption.
- Deactivation: It must be possible to permanently deactivate RFID tags in the retail and service sector if necessary. If data stored on RFID chips is no longer required for the original purpose of data storage, it must be deleted.
Special requirements for the use of NFC technology in the context of contactless payment processes were published with the decision of the DSK (data protection conference) of 23.03.2018.
Accordingly, all credit institutions that issue debit or credit cards with an NFC chip are obliged to provide their customers with comprehensive and understandable information about the processing and storage of data in the context of contactless payment. Users of NFC-enabled bank cards should be advised that Protective covers are available that prevent the chip from being read by unauthorized persons. The NFC chip must be deactivated in the standard setting. In addition, customers must have the option of deactivating the chip on their bank card if necessary or of using a debit or credit card without NFC function at no additional cost.
According to the data protectionists, NFC chips are not allowed to provide any recurring code numbers - for example account numbers - that can be read out contactlessly and thus used for the purposes of creating a profile. Working on international Encryption standards Near Field Communication must continue to be promoted by the German economy.
Consumers should be specifically advised of the risks of mobile payment apps. In addition, providers of corresponding applications should provide information on risk minimization. Payment apps that enable contactless payment with the smartphone must always be kept up to date by the provider.
- Should more men become teachers in public schools
- How is the weather in Europe in August
- Are Thais and Cambodians genetically related
- Differentiate between customer satisfaction and customer satisfaction
- Who writes speeches for Trump
- Is technology detrimental
- What is automation and its types
- How do I fix laptop repair services
- Are you in california
- Can an individual be forced to lead?
- What do isolators do in ESP
- What is different between forwards and forwards
- What is the full form of GDR
- What is the full form of WAN
- Is Christianity threatened by Islam
- Can a shoulder dislocation stop shoulder expansion?
- Who Owns the Universal Studios Theme Park
- What is the best VPS for Forex
- Do you like bollywood movies 1
- Why do people force their existence
- What is LogStash How does it work
- How to get good at microeconomics
- Ballet was the first type of dance
- What are some examples of autotrophs
- How do I torrent Chinese songs
- What exactly happened in Indonesia
- What is an active yogurt culture
- Can the family hear Brian speak
- What is freeform crochet
- How do I paint rusty metal
- Would you say you are happy why
- How to make egg-free pudding
- What is the other name of the moon
- What is the Use of Kz Lotion