Dell Latitude E7440
Dell Latitude E7440 product review
The Dell Latitude E7440 is an ultrabook that is primarily tailored to business customers. Do the inner values also correspond to the elegant design and are therefore suitable for business? Competition for Dell comes from HP with the EliteBook 9470M and from Lenovo with the ThinkPad T430u.
The basic equipment of the device includes a Core i5-4200U processor, which is already based on Haswell technology. The hard drive holds 500 GB of data. 4 GB of RAM are installed as main memory. The 14-inch monitor is matte. The graphics are based on Intel's HD Graphics 4400. The device weighs just under 1.85 kilograms including the battery. In the configuration mentioned, the Dell Latitude E7440 is available for around 1,200 euros.
Advantages of the Dell Latitude E7440
The workmanship and equipment of the E7440 are - as you can expect for a business ultrabook in this price range - excellent. The discreetly elegant surface is made of high-quality light metal (aluminum and magnesium alloy). All important interfaces are available: 3 USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, audio, 2 digital display outputs (HDMI and mini display port) and an SD card reader. There are also numerous expansion options. A plus point for mobility is (apart from the pleasantly low weight), above all, the high battery capacity.
The E7440 achieved a runtime of a little more than 10 hours in energy-saving mode - very remarkable. Even in the practical test - with WLAN and adjusted display brightness - it took more than 5 hours for the battery to give up. The manufacturers' efforts to achieve the best possible energy efficiency are clearly bearing fruit. The built-in loudspeakers provide a pleasant surprise. The powerful sound would even do some weak "multimedia device" the highest honor. High notes are reproduced cleanly, the bass sound full and powerful. External speakers are not necessary in most cases.
Disadvantages of the Dell Latitude E7440
A drawback of the Dell Latitude E7440 is the 14-inch display, which is of modest quality. The resolution is rather low at 1,366 x 768 pixels. In addition: the maximum brightness is a weak 180 cd / m². The picture also appears quite pale - no wonder with a contrast ratio of 380: 1. The poor graphics performance of the E7440 should also be a problem for some users. Anyone who has to do with performance-hungry software at work will not get very far with the built-in HD 4400 chip.
This product assessment is based on tests carried out by the following media: Notebookcheck.com, Tech.de
PC-WELT buying guide: Your ideal buying guide for PC hardware & Co.
Test conclusion of the specialist media
Notebookcheck.com: 'For once we want to start the conclusion of our test with the negative aspects. Why this? Well: The Dell Latitude E7440 hardly made any serious mistakes. First and foremost, the extremely mediocre WXGA display should be mentioned here, whose low resolution and brightness hardly seem appropriate for a notebook that costs well over 1,000 euros - net mind you. " ...
- What smartphones do finance people use
- Who created the Department of Veterans Affairs
- What is an odd number square root
- Lemon leg hair bleaching works
- Why is school so difficult
- Can an exercise bike generate electricity
- Should India stop its moral policing
- What does the word emote
- What do you think of misogynists
- How is a potentiometer a passive converter
- Offers Google the registration of domain names
- Ayurvedic treatment can heal
- What is a voltmeter
- What is the MetaTrader 4 software
- How do electric lighters work
- Which ejection fraction is heart failure
- How do you monetize a humanities major
- How would one study Computational Neurology
- What is Lamborghini's marketing strategy
- The GPU works without a driver
- What are some ectothermic organisms
- How can I become a pilot 13
- How do programmers market themselves to companies
- How hot circuit boards are