Are there any reusable papers
The reusable paper bag - a better choice for the climate
There are more and more reasons to replace the plastic bag for life with one made of paper when shopping. BillerudKorsnäs and AB Group Packaging are proud to present the reusable paper bag, one of the strongest paper bags in the world currently available in UK supermarkets.
The secret behind the power of the reusable paper bag is the raw material FibreForm®.
"For consumers, reusable bags made of RPET, fabric or PP have long been available to consumers, but can now be replaced with a reusable bag made of FibreForm®."says Veronica Fylkner, Sales Manager, Formable Solutions at BillerudKorsnäs.
“FibreForm® is one of the strongest kraft papers in the world. It's been in the market for a while and we're still exploring its full potential. We see several new applications that we can develop with FibreForm® and we are looking to replace less sustainable materials and solutions. It is a journey to look forward to as we can help reduce the amount of plastics and aluminum in various applications on the market. "
Laboratory tests have shown that the reusable paper bag can be used over and over again.
“We tested a bag to the point of collapse and it took 43 cycles, which corresponds to 860 lifts and a heavy weight of 16 kg. We can really say that FibreForm® is suitable for reuse in any weather. " says Veronica.
Today AB Group Packaging, which manufactures in Ireland, UK and Spain, offers the ultra-strong paper bag to several large UK supermarkets. In comparison to several other European countries, paper bags were not an option in most UK retail stores until recently.
The reasons for this were cost, a strong plastics industry, and some misconceptions that papers are weak and have a higher impact on the climate. With good fresh paper from integrated paper mills, you can destroy both myths.
“We are very happy to be working with BillerudKorsnäs - and have been for about 30 years. You are number one in all categories. " says Dermot Brady, founder and CEO of AB Group Packaging.
AB Group Packaging has developed this ultra-strong bag with one of the strongest papers from BillerudKorsnäs. The goal was to bring a reusable paper bag to market and AB Group Packaging has some of its largest customers on board to make that change.
“Reduce, reuse, recycle - that is my vision of how the industry should function in the future. We are responsible for every product we bring to market. All products should be renewable. We do not want any negative influence in the manufacture and use of our products and are very pleased to be able to offer this product to the market. " says Dermot.
The future bag is a step towards a sustainable future, giving up plastic bags and using bio-based and 100% recyclable material. A common misconception is that paper has a greater impact on the climate than plastic. Several studies have shown that BillerudKorsna's packaging materials have a lower climate impact than other materials. When the Swedish environmental institute IVL carried out a life cycle assessment for a BillerudKorsnäs standard paper for carrier bags, the paper actually had lower climate impact as bio-based plastic, recycled plastic and fossil plastic. The material used by AB Group Packaging for the UK supermarket chains is BillerudKorsnäs FibreForm® Kraft paper, which meets both of the above environmentally friendly criteria.
The uniqueness of FibreForm® is its high elongation, tear resistance and strength.
For various types of strong paper bags, normal kraft paper will do. However, if you want that extra strength to be able to reuse the bag multiple times, FibreForm® is a great option.
"The world is now ready for a shift - from plastics to renewable bio-based products." says Dermot Brady.
For more information on AB Group Packaging's reusable paper bag, please visit https://www.abgrouppackaging.com/repapapac/ Watch the 60-second video of the challenge to see which product is being tested. Or contact me for more information or to place an order
- What kind of business requires data analysis
- Is the crowdfunding fundraising model a failure
- Can blockchain be used for web applications
- What is the purpose of external recruitment
- Why does a dehumidifier freeze up
- How can I be honest with everyone
- Can Alexa make calls
- Does Donald Trump have good style
- Has America ever hacked Russia
- How can I improve the performance of smart memories
- Is taboo hot
- What is the suggestion for using VFX
- It is better if you do not understand
- What content sites have paywalls
- What does Feliz Cumpleanos mean
- Amitabh Bachchan loses his fame
- What do you think of change
- Did the way you look ruin your life
- What are graphics cards and GPU
- How long was the big bang
- What empires have fallen by division
- When will India get first class infrastructure?
- The law of limitations applies to arbitration proceedings
- How does the sound actually recover from diffraction?
- How to add subscriptions to Snapchat
- Which foods promote mental clarity?
- What are the most common fishing mistakes
- Why is soap called soap
- Most of the people in Ireland are blonde
- Simple will get a banking license
- Is loyalty a choice or not
- How is gerrymandering affecting the congressional elections
- What is movie advertising briefly explain
- Can switch LACP switches