Why does NASA lie all the time
There is hardly a question that fascinates us more than that of whether we are alone in the universe. And whenever it is asked, the first thing researchers look at is Mars. Rightly so, as the latest discovery of the Curiosity rover shows: it has now encountered organic matter in the three billion year old sedimentary rock. According to researchers, the structures even resemble prehistoric fossil traces of life on earth - a sensation! "The question of whether life arose on Mars now seems all the more opportune," says planetary researcher Inge Loesten Kate. She sees the discovery as a breakthrough in astrobiology. NASA, on the other hand, rates the find much more cautiously and speaks only of crystalline structures of mineral origin.
Is NASA lying?
The British astrobiologist Barry DiGregorio of Buckingham University is not surprised by this reaction. For him, denial is rather part of a strategy NASA has been pursuing for decades with regard to Mars. After evaluating all available data, researchers like Joseph Miller from the University of Southern California have come to the conclusion that the landing robots of the Viking probes encountered traces of biological activity in the Martian soil more than 40 years ago and NASA is lying . "Most people won't believe me until I show them a video of Mars bacteria in a Petri dish," says Miller. "But for some reason, NASA hasn't brought a microscope there to check that with."
According to him, the discovery was deliberately kept secret by NASA, then as now, in order not to endanger future Mars missions. Because the financial investment for an expedition to the Red Planet is only worthwhile if there are still unanswered questions. The discovery of fossils would actually be a sensation - it would provide evidence of the existence of primeval soft-body organisms that once migrated over the surface of Mars.
- Can Pakistan be considered a superpower
- What are racing pigeons
- Should Pitt leave the ACC
- What are the eating habits of ravens
- Which word rhymes with boogie
- Should more men become teachers in public schools
- Graduate school is just a mistake
- What makes Boston unique
- Can people live on Planet X?
- What is an example of a continuous random variable
- Where do trees come from
- What is positive and negative schizophrenia
- Is gaming more innovative than films
- What is sternal friction
- Are Udupi and Manipal separate cities
- When were electric bass guitars invented?
- What is the purpose of crown molding
- What have your friends accused you of?
- History is a safest option for UPSC
- Is Qatar really visa-free for Morocco
- Where can I buy Keto Fuel
- How to reach Nepal for trekking
- Why do people equate intelligence with superiority
- What is a tampon 2