What is VITEEE
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has discussed. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
In general, vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione) either injected or ingested into a vein or muscle. However, KA-VIT drops are only suitable for ingestion.
Use in newborns
Like vitamin K1 used in newborns depends on the purpose for which it is given and whether your baby was born prematurely.
Dosage to prevent vitamin K deficiency
Healthy newborns who were born on or shortly before the calculated due date will receive:
- a first dose of 2 drops of KA-VIT (equivalent to 2 mg of vitamin K1) during or shortly after the birth,
- a second dose of 2 drops of KA-VIT 3 to 10 days after birth,
- a third dose of 2 drops of KA-VIT 4 to 5 weeks after birth.
The third dose can be omitted for infants who are only fed with a bottle (with baby food).
Premature or full term babies with a particularly high risk of bleeding
These kids should take vitamin K1 received as a syringe (injection). KA-VIT is not suitable for this; Your doctor will use a different medicine for this.
Dosage for treatment of vitamin K deficiency bleeding
In patients with vitamin K deficiency bleeding, KA-VIT drops should be dosed according to the desired effect:
- In the case of minor bleeding, a dose of 1–5 mg phytomenadione (corresponding to 1–5 drops of KA-VIT) is generally sufficient, regardless of the patient's age.
- In patients with vitamin K deficiency bleeding as a result of an overdose of anticoagulant drugs (coumarin derivatives such as phenprocoumon or warfarin) who have less bleeding, stopping the anticoagulant is usually sufficient.
- In the case of moderate bleeding, the administration of 5–10 mg phytomenadione (equivalent to 5–10 drops of KA-VIT) is recommended.
type of application
KA-VIT drops should be taken together with some liquid.
By holding the bottle vertically downwards, you can dose the emulsion drop by drop.
Duration of application
In the case of long-term use, you should consult your doctor.
If you take more KA-VIT drops than you should
Even after overdosing, no toxic symptoms have yet become known.
If you forget to take KA-VIT drops
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking KA-VIT drops
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you stop taking KA-VIT drops. Under certain circumstances the bleeding tendency can recur.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- What's your sexiest gay encounter
- Thumb up means in French
- People with Asperger walk quickly
- Why is Africa not being developed?
- Can belief in Jesus cure mental illness
- What pictures are too good to share
- What is hot yoga
- Are narcissists ungrateful
- Every idea has already been made
- Where was Scarif filmed in Rogue One
- What are the best restaurants in Rajahmundry
- What are the next big upcoming stock markets
- What are some modern clever scams
- Canada is a single payer
- How can you display biorhythms graphically
- What's the best startup in NCR
- Is the world mind
- The flowers stay fresh overnight
- An intern at Syntel is a good choice
- What does told me
- How does the heat factor work in clothing
- Physical encyclopedia are out of date
- How do social enterprise start-up centers measure success
- Why is primary education important in India