Why is my cat scratching my feet
Triggers sudden attacks by cats
The causes of sudden claw and bite attacks in cats are diverse. Often they just want to play, but the aggressiveness can also have other triggers.
1. The natural hunting instinct meets boredom
When cats attack their owners 'feet and hands, perhaps during their wild five minutes, it often has to do with the cats' natural behavior. Because cats naturally have oneHunting instinct. Domestic cats can no longer live this out like their wild ancestors. As an alternative to conventional prey, the owner's feet and hands are quickly targeted.
Such attacks can occur especially when domestic cats are not kept busy. It is therefore advisable to several game rounds daily to plan. When playing with string, balls or fishing rods, the cats exhaust themselves and their hunting instinct is satisfied.
Danger! The trigger for playing with hands and feet is often the person themselves. Because when they are playful Baby cats Most owners find that “chasing” wiggling toes or fingers: they allow it and maybe even deliberately wiggle their toes. This is how the cat learns that it is allowed to do so - and also takes the behavior into account Adulthood With.
2. Fear as a trigger for cat attacks
A trigger for claw attacks in cats can also be fear. If the cat feels harassed or feels in danger, attacks on the claws are often a reaction to this feeling. Especially animals in the past Experiences with violence are prone to it.
This fear can also arise, for example, when strangers enter the cat's home. In such a situation, it is advisable to pray the guests not to pay attention to the cat so that attacks do not occur in the first place. Also, you should the cat then Retreat options Offer.
3. Misunderstandings between humans and cats
It has probably happened to every cat owner: First, the cat lies relaxed on the lap and enjoys being petted. But as if out of nowhere, she changes her mind and scratches or bites her hand. This situation is commonly called by humans Mood swings the cat understood. But in fact it is often Misunderstandings between cats and humans.
When cats scratch or bite their owners, it signals that they are doing something disturbs. Often they just don't want to be petted anymore or they have been touched in the wrong place. Just the one belly is a very sensitive area in cats.
Before the cat actually strikes, however, it usually signals its disgruntlement differently. For example, she lays hers Ears back, twitches her tail or looks suspiciously at the human hand. That means: "I don't want this anymore". People overlooked however, these signs often occur. The attack by a claw or the bite in the forearm then suddenly appears to humans, but for the cat it was announced.
4. Pain as a trigger for attacks
A dangerous reason for sudden claw attacks from cats is Pain. Cats are very good at ignoring their pain and hiding it from their owners. But if the symptoms become too severe, they can also take the form of aggressions demonstrate. Especially when you have the affected body part accidentally touch it, the cat can react with sudden attacks on its claws.
As a cat owner, you usually notice quickly whether the attacks on your cat are playful or aggressive. If your cat's attacks seem unusual and indeed aggressive, you should vet so that the cat can be examined for possible diseases.
How to deal with cat attacks correctly
If your cat playfully attacks you and you don't like it, here are some things to keep in mind:
- No violence apply! This is not a solution and will disrupt your relationship with your cat. Cats often understand a definitive “no” better than you think.
- Do not allow yourself to be provoked and, if in doubt, ignore the cat until it has calmed down again.
- Avoid loud words, punishments and excited yelling.
- Music will always be important
- What are the principles of moral thinking
- What are the values in the workplace
- What are the four types of hospitals
- What is the normal life of hoteliers
- What are your most embarrassing moments in Dubai
- What is field work
- How to refill a scuba tank
- Why do people restrict others
- What is an antidote to opioid poisoning
- What should a newbie to networking know
- What is the method to awaken Kundalini?
- Why do we have an electoral college
- Cooking destroys the fiber contained in food
- What's Common in Jimmy John's Avocado
- Should I add something to my diet?
- Why is Swami Vivekanand famous
- What is a DPA microphone
- What does subaltern mean
- What is a Heineken mini keg
- How do I become a Mexican citizen
- Can you live without ideals
- What is HPO4 s
- Is Islam a master religion