How is Bitcasa different from Dropbox
Dropbox alternatives for businesses
Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) provides access to an unlimited amount of storage space in the Amazon cloud via a web service interface. In contrast to competing cloud storage services, the storage can only be accessed via a REST and SOAP interface (API). Amazon does not provide its own local client for synchronization. This has to do with the fact that Amazon S3 basically serves as the central storage space that many other Amazon services use to store or access data on it. An ecosystem of partners with fee-based clients helps out in order to also use synchronization functions with desktop and mobile operating systems. The folders and files can be accessed via the web interface using Amazon's own management console.
With the API, the data can be saved, read and deleted as objects in the Amazon cloud. The maximum size of an object is 5 GB. Objects are organized in buckets (folders). Authentication mechanisms ensure that the data is protected from unauthorized third parties. For this purpose, the objects can be marked for private or public access and users can be assigned different access rights to the objects.
Amazon S3 pricing varies depending on the region in which the data is stored. One GB of storage space for the first TB used in the EU region costs $ 0.095 per month. There are also fees for the outgoing data transfer. Up to 10 TByte per month, the traffic then costs 0.12 US dollars per GByte.
Many other cloud storage services use Amazon S3 to store user data, including Dropbox, Bitcasa or Ubuntu One.
The API is the de facto standard in the market;
very high scalability;
very good track record.
No clients of their own;
the pay-per-use model requires strict cost controls.
- Which allergy drugs show up as meth
- Publish profiles of psychologists
- What are the benefits of mushrooms
- Katy Perry falls out
- Accepts Home Depot Lowes Coupons
- Which Photoshop software is the easiest to use
- What is personal productivity software
- Can you die if you eat duct tape
- What is the cheapest gaming laptop out there
- How can I download Microsoft PowerPoint
- How do you handle classified information
- What will happen to Euron Greyjoy
- How to maintain a brick house
- What are some basic accounting concepts
- What do the Turks find frightening
- Why is reality so difficult to swallow
- What's the best free email
- What is GIMP
- What is ontological realism
- What's the point of Angrybirds
- Slight cramps are normal in early pregnancy
- What are the essential elements for plants
- Why is my pc's clock so inaccurate
- Java dies in Android
- Why are so many teenagers hipsters
- Offer coding blocks placements
- Why is the goddess Kali Mahamari called
- How do you wear a poncho properly
- In simple terms what are differential forms
- What are the richest suburbs around Dallas
- How is a life form chosen
- What made you special
- What is the power to change people's lives
- What is a brief example of magical realism