How are old emails saved in Outlook
Back up and restore email inbox with Outlook
For customers with an IONOS mailbox and Microsoft Outlook 2013
We'll show you how to backup and restore your emails using Microsoft Outlook.
In this way, you can not only create backups of your important data, but also restore your mailbox contents when you change your e-mail address or set up a new one - for example after a domain move.
- Start Outlook and click on File.
- In the File menu, click Open and Export.
- Under to open click Import / Export.
- Select the Import / Export Assistant Select the Export to file option and click Next.
- Select the option Outlook data file (.pst) and click Next.
- Now select the (e-mail) to be backed upfolder out.
Note: If you want to back up the entire mailbox content (recommended), select the mailbox yourself and activate the option Include subfolders. Once you have made your selection, click Next.
- Click on Browse to specify the location and name for the export file
- Choose the Location and put the Filenames for the export file. Tip: First, save the file on the desktop; you can think of a suitable storage location for archiving later. This means that you can quickly access the file again until further notice.
- Apply your settings with OK.
- Now you can decide how to use Outlook Duplicates should proceed. If in doubt, we recommend that you use the default settings here Replace duplicates with exported items to leave.
- The option Replace duplicates with exported items causes the data - for example an e-mail - to be saved only once in the file.
- The option Allow duplicates to be created causes the same data to be saved multiple times for repeated exports.
- The option Don't export duplicates has the effect that only the data is saved that has been added since the last export.
- If you want to protect your data from being accessed by third parties, you can now protect the file with a password. Access to this file is then only possible with a password.
Enter the one you want password in both fields and click on OK (if you don't need a password, just leave the field blank).
Outlook now completes the export without any further feedback.
- Start Outlook and open the Import / Export Assistant (File> Open and Export> Import / Export ... see steps 1-3 above)
- Select the Import from other programs or files action and click Next.
- Select the type of file to import Outlook data file (.pst) and click Next.
- Choose the folder whose content you want to import.
- If you want to restore all of the content, select at the top Outlook data file and activate the option Include subfolders.
- You can now specify where the data should be imported (if in doubt, leave the default setting).
- The option Import items into current folder causes the contents, together with the saved folder structure, to be inserted into the folder that you had opened before calling up the import function. For example, you can test the import without changing anything in your general folder structure or its contents.
-The option Import items into the same folder in: (Default setting) means that the contents are automatically inserted into the same folder as the Outlook data file specified via the drop-down menu. Folders that do not yet exist will be recreated.
- Click Finish to start the import.
Once the import is complete, you can manage your emails as usual.
- Waxing removes hair permanently
- What distinguishes NBA players from EuroLeague players
- How about a 7th generation Dell i3
- How closely are foxes and wolves related
- What are combinatorial algorithms
- How to solve x 3 125
- How do I integrate Hadoop into spark
- Who is Omer Khan
- Which parts of the violin vibrate
- What does shere mean in Urdu
- Is jealousy a positive or negative feeling
- What is X y 0
- Why do Bostonians celebrate Patriots Day
- How does AdFly generate money per click
- Why should I choose IFS instead of IAS
- Well worth buying the GTX 1660 in 2019
- Which airlines offer short-haul flights?
- What are your favorite brands of liquorice
- How can I get my business going?
- Someone is using Dreamweaver to design a website
- What is Lamborghini's marketing strategy
- What are the components of industrial art
- Food affects our skin
- What is a POS system