How does psychosomatic pain work
Psychosomatic pain disorders
Mental problems and physical complaints often occur together. Psychosomatic pain treatment therefore takes into account the relationship between body and psyche.
Pain without a physical cause
Basically, medicine differentiates pain caused by damaged tissue and pain without a tangible organic disorder. In the case of chronic pain without a significant physical cause, psychosomatic treatment is advisable.
Psychosomatic pain disorders are often expressed in various forms of headache or complaints such as back pain. Pain can occur in isolation in individual areas, but it can also affect the whole body. This is the case with fibromyalgia, for example.
Many sufferers react to the pain with anxiety and depressive states. A vicious circle can arise that increases the sensation of pain. Already existing psychological complaints such as depression or anxiety disorders often increase the perception of pain additionally.
How psychosomatic pain disorders arise
Acute pain is a useful warning function. Sometimes the pain persists even though the actual cause is no longer there. This can lead to an independent pain disorder.
Pain as a key symptom of mental disorders
Many people unconsciously express mental tension and problems that they cannot express verbally through pain. Psychological processes shift into the body, so to speak. The result is pain.
Interplay between pain and mental illness
Often pain with an organic cause, for example after a slipped disc, and mental illness work together. Depression, anxiety disorders and addictions can significantly intensify pain and make it permanent (chronicity).
Our treatment of psychosomatic pain disorders is based on comprehensive diagnostics. In any case, a differential diagnostic medical-medical evaluation is necessary: Doctors from different fields consider the psychological and organic causes of the complaints.
The diagnosis includes:
- Psychosomatic-psychiatric anamnesis discussion
- Psychometric testing procedures
- Clinical physical examination
- Clinical apparatus-based examinations
- Stress diagnostics
- Consultative examinations
How we treat psychosomatic pain disorders
Successful psychosomatic pain therapy is multimodal: the treatment focuses equally on physical and psychological factors. Doctors and therapists from various specialist areas work together with the patient and promote their existing strengths and abilities. The main aim is to alleviate functional restrictions caused by the pain.
We adapt the therapy program to each patient. On the plan are, for example
How to contact us
- What is good new music
- What happened to Rakhigarhi DNA
- Is the Typing Master software good
- Which saint suffered the most
- Is the world mind
- Why do you hate communists and communism
- Will Google create a superior crypto currency
- How does RedHat compete with Ubuntu
- Hurricane Survivor, what's your story
- Where should the logo be on the letterhead
- Endoscopy is an imaging method
- What's wrong with TSRTC
- Who is powerful men or women
- Where did you learn graphic design perfectly
- Why is irony funny
- Did God choose the apostles
- Which Ayurvedic medicine is best for depression
- Another real estate bubble has already started
- The air conditioning system supplies oxygen
- Why should we recycle magazines
- What is a good stock place
- Why does a person become addicted
- Is math required for technical drawing
- Is electrical and electronic equipment the best choice for studying