What is an ixquick search engine
Ixquick was a meta search engine from the Dutch company Surfboard Holding B.V. which was founded in 1998. Similar to DuckDuckGo and Qwant, but in contrast to Google, Ixquick does not store any user-related data. The company therefore describes its web search as the "most discreet search engine in the world". In the United States, Ixquick was known as "startpage". In order to bundle two different products under a single name, Ixquick was finally launched in 2016 under the name “Startpage” by Startpage B.V. continued. Support for Ixquick was discontinued in April 2018.
The search engine Ixquick was started in 1998 by the American David Bodnick. Just two years later, the metasearch was launched by the Dutch company Surfboard Holding B.V. Bought. To this day, the holding company is responsible for the maintenance of Ixquick and now Startpage. The income for the server and the further development of the search engine come from advertising income through sparingly placed sponsored text ads. Exact sales figures are not published as Ixquick is privately owned by a holding company.
Even before extensive discussions about data protection on the Internet broke out, the management of Ixquick decided in 2006 to promote data protection and has not saved any personal data in log files since then. For this reason, the meta search engine received the EuroPriSe, the first European data protection seal of approval, in 2008.
The number of hits on Ixquick has risen constantly since it was founded, even if the company had hardly invested in marketing to date. According to the company, it was mainly word of mouth that can be blamed for the increase in user numbers. The 2013 Snowden revelations about the NSA certainly provided a renewed boost. Today, the meta search engine, as the homepage, processes more than 6 million search requests in 18 different languages every day.
The search engine was entirely geared towards protecting the privacy of the user, to which ultimately many technical features compared to conventional search engines can be traced back. In principle, Ixquick did not save any IP addresses.
Another special feature of Ixquick was that not only an index was searched for a search query, but several search engines were asked as a meta search engine at the same time. Until recently, Ixquick used the search engine index from Yandex, Gigablast and Yahoo! The results of these search queries were compared internally with one another before being output to the user.
In the user interface, blue asterisks next to the snippet indicated the number of requested search engines on which the relevant page was listed in the top 10 for the search query. The entire search process was carried out anonymously, meaning that the search engines surveyed did not receive any user data. Ixquick also uses SSL encryption as a standard and converts every search query into the https protocol via the http protocol. In addition, users could also use a proxy.
In contrast to Google and other search engines, Ixquick used the so-called POST and not the GET process for searches. This achieved, among other things, that no parameters in the URI allow conclusions to be drawn about the original search query or the browser used.
Ixquick's servers were located in both the Netherlands and the USA. The operators of the search engines assured that search queries from Europe are processed exclusively via the servers in Europe. However, as far as data protection in the USA is concerned, this may have to be subject to a restriction again. Because according to US law or the "Patriot Act", US companies are obliged to surrender server data when requested by the secret services.
Similar to other search engines, the search queries could also be refined with Ixquick. This allowed the results to be narrowed down to the exact day. Search operators also enabled search queries to be refined and carried out in a more targeted manner. All search operators for Ixquick can be found under Advanced Search Techniques.
For vertical search, Ixquick offered its users a special search for videos, pictures and telephone numbers in addition to the normal web search. Vertical search differs from conventional search engines primarily in the latter function.
If you want to save certain user settings, you could have them saved using a cookie that has a duration of 90 days. Alternatively, Ixquick offered its users the option of saving their personal settings as a URL. All settings could be saved under preferences.
Ixquick was available as a Firefox plug-in or as an app for smartphones. In addition, Ixquick could also be set as the default search engine in various browsers.
Benefits for SEO 
Due to the low number of users, Ixquick was rather irrelevant for SEO.
Ixquick continuation as start page 
After Ixquick was integrated into Startpage, the type of meta search has changed. The search results are now based on the Google index. However, Startpage uses its own algorithms to rank the results. In addition, users are not assigned via the IP address with Startpage. Startpage differs from a conventional Google search in that, for example, user behavior is not tracked using cookies and therefore no tracking results are used to generate the rankings. As a result, search results based on previous searches are not returned. Startpage thus reduces the risk of a so-called filter bubble when searching the web.
- ↑ Why is Ixquick no longer available? startpage.com/ Retrieved on April 13, 2019
- ↑ Startpage Ixquix surpass 3 Million daily searches searchengineland.com Retrieved on April 9, 2014
- ↑ Press information from Startpage startpage.com Retrieved on April 13, 2019
Web links 
- What is S duba ruhnul in Russian
- What is the best muslim astrologer website
- Is dry dog food bad for cats
- How are Instacart drivers paid exactly
- Has anyone experienced Krishna
- Is there a way to cure asthma
- Should presidents only serve one term
- Why is my Frigidaire dryer squeaking
- What is a PCIe slot
- What are the examples of harmful elements
- How do you mine the Ethereum
- Which meat has the lowest CO2 footprint?
- Lord Rama Ramayana was a great person
- How were the Sassanians resurrected
- Who buys used fitness equipment in Chennai
- Why do people freeze when scared
- What is the phenomenon of camouflage
- How would you invent chemical weapons?
- What does Feliz Cumpleanos mean
- Who makes the best cheese in America
- How is diversity at Colgate University
- Why are my cakes undercooked inside
- Dogs should eat cheese
- What is res setContentType text simply
- Should I add something to my diet?
- Why do people admire Michelle Obama
- Are all billionaire homemade geniuses
- What is the atomic number of thallium
- What is the best dance
- Is incidence a past tense
- On which exchanges can you short-circuit Bitcoin
- How do you get your project viral
- What is a property of a substance?
- What flowers are used in this bouquet