How can I make mushroom potatoes
Boil jacket potatoes | Tips: It's quick and easy
Jacket potatoes are delicious, but it takes a while on the stove to cook. If you want to have your food on the table quickly, you can also cook the tubers in the microwave. With these tips, jacket potatoes are easy and quick to make.
Jacket potatoes are quick and easy to prepare. We will introduce you to three ways in which you can cook the tubers with little effort: traditionally in a pot, in a freezer bag or in the microwave.
Boil jacket potatoes in a saucepan: Duration about 20 minutes
Boil jacket potatoes in the pot: the tubers should be completely covered with water. (Source: imago / Seeliger)
It is best not to use floury potatoes for jacket potatoes, but rather waxy potato varieties such as Linda, Heidi or Charlotte. Allow about 200 grams of potatoes per person. If you like, you can also add a little caraway seeds to the cooking water, this makes the potatoes even more digestible.
- Clean the potatoes with a brush under cold water.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and fill it with cold water until the tubers are completely covered.
- Add a pinch of salt and, if you like, caraway seeds and bring everything to a boil.
- As soon as the water bubbles, turn the temperature down a little and let the jacket potatoes cook in a closed pot for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, pour off the water and peel off the skin. This is easier with a pellet fork or jacket potato cutlery.
Tip: To make peeling easier after cooking, make a circular score in the middle of the still raw potato. It is important not to cut too deeply. Only the skin should be severed. Then cook the potatoes as described. After draining, the hot potatoes are briefly quenched in the pot with cold water. You can now pull the bowl down the sides without getting burned.
Boil jacket potatoes in the freezer bag: takes about six minutes
Boiled jacket potatoes: To make peeling easier after cooking, score the skin of the potatoes before cooking. (Source: Florian Schuh / dpa)
A quick alternative to cooking the jacket potatoes in the pot is the version with a freezer bag.
- To do this, first clean the potatoes under cold water and cut out unsightly spots.
- Put the still wet potatoes in a freezer bag and close it with a thread.
- Now comes the most important step: make sure you make holes in the bag so that it doesn't burst in the microwave. Simply pike several holes in it with a fork.
- Then place the bag on the turntable of the microwave - but without a cover. Cook the jacket potatoes at 800 watts for about five to six minutes.
- Halfway through the time you can do a test and estimate whether the set cooking time is sufficient. If the potatoes are still too hard, you should extend the cooking time a little.
- When the jacket potatoes have the desired consistency, take them out of the bag and place them on a plate. Peel the potatoes as soon as they have cooled down a little and serve them with either salt and butter or herb quark.
Tip: Do not use potatoes that are too large, otherwise the cooking time will increase.
Boil jacket potatoes in the microwave: takes about four minutes
Jacket potatoes: They taste particularly delicious with salt and butter or herb quark. (Source: imago / Westend61)
For this variant you need suitable microwave dishes. Make sure that the potatoes are as large as possible, but not too big.
- Clean the potatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Prick all the potatoes with a fork and add water to the bowl. It depends on how many potatoes you want to cook: add about one tablespoon of water to cook for every 100 grams of potatoes.
- Cover the bowl with a lid to protect the potatoes from drying out.
- The cooking time depends on the amount of potatoes. For example, if you have 800 grams of potatoes, you need to put them in the microwave at 800 watts for around nine to ten minutes. At 400 grams it would only be four minutes.
- Turn the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Use a sharp kitchen knife to check that the potatoes are soft.
Jacket potatoes: calories
A serving of steamed jacket potatoes provides almost as much vitamin C as half a lemon. And the potato is also something for those who have to watch their weight: The fat content of the root vegetables tends towards zero. A 200 gram serving of potatoes, jacket or boiled potatoes has 140 kilocalories.
Info: Salt belongs in every cooking water. The salt in the water ensures that most of the aromas and flavors remain in the potato. About a tablespoon of salt is a good amount for potato water.
Recipe: stuffed jacket potatoes
Jacket potatoes: Filled with Obatzda, they taste nice and hearty. (Source: Julia Uehren / loeffelgenuss.de / dpa-tmn)
For this recipe, the warm jacket potatoes are filled with homemade Obatzda. They taste hearty and spicy - and are definitely filling. A radish vinaigrette not only gives them a certain kick, they also taste fresh and light.
For four servings you need:
For the Obatzda:
- 200 g strong camembert (e.g. Rustique)
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 4 spring onions
- 2 teaspoons of paprika powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
- Salt pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 6 radishes
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt pepper
Preparation of the vinaigrette:
- Prepare the radishes: wash, dry and cut into fine sticks.
- Likewise the chives: wash, shake dry and cut into fine rolls. Set aside about a tablespoon of the rolls for garnish.
- Mix the red wine vinegar well with the olive oil and mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the radishes and chives, mix everything together, and set the vinaigrette aside.
Preparation: Obatzda and the potatoes
- Clean the potatoes and cook them with the skin in salted water until cooked.
- Prepare the spring onions: clean, cut away the roots and the dark green and cut the onions into thin rings.
- Cut the camembert into small cubes.
- Halve the hot potatoes lengthways and carefully hollow them out with a teaspoon.
- Add the camembert, butter, spring onions, caraway seeds and paprika powder to the potato mixture and mix well with a fork. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Fill the hot potatoes with the Obatzda and drizzle two tablespoons of radish vinaigrette over them.
- Finally, garnish the potatoes with the set aside chives and some freshly ground pepper and serve the dish straight away.
more on the subject
- Jacket potatoes,
- Herb quark,
- Jacket potato,
- Salt potatoes
- Why is the rupee so low after the demonstration?
- How does psychosomatic pain work
- When was Basant in Lahore
- Akrit Jaswal is a scam
- How do I stop the deportation
- How do stars work
- Why hasn't Mandalay Bay released any videos
- How would you optimize Google Nose
- What is the nitrobenzene mechanism
- What is a voltmeter
- Could guest 666 be real
- Every successful man has a goal
- How do I make music with hardware
- What accounting homework
- What is a boundary object in QTP automation
- Who are your preferred inactive Quorans
- How does Storenvy make money
- How can someone edit an Android app
- Which company sponsors more visas for Indians
- How did it burn you to be so overconfident?
- Are smart homes safe
- Which graduate can work in IT companies
- What are some easy to prepare dishes
- What is the DocuSigns Technology Stack