What is the easiest online payment platform
The 10 best electronic payment platforms for e-commerce compared
Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. As e-commerce owners, we can't take our eyes off them.
When it comes to making money, it is imperative that your customers' shopping experience on your website is as smooth and satisfying as possible, including of course the payment process.
What is the key to a positive shopping experience? A robust electronic payment platform, a third party application that offers an easy to use system for payment processing.
But what exactly is an electronic payment gateway, how does this system work, how should you go about choosing the one that best suits your ecommerce, what are the options? We're going to answer all of these questions (and more) so stay tuned.
An introduction to electronic payment platforms
What happens between entering a customer's credit card number and receiving payment, how are purchases processed? It all depends on a payment gateway.
These gateways act as intermediaries process the information entered during the payment process and facilitate the approval or fulfillment of payments to an e-commerce. They are also used in physical warehouses.
Then why use a payment gateway?
Well, for starters, they'll take care of the toughest purchase-related tasks: encrypting sensitive information (like credit card numbers) and adhering to certain standards that ensure data security by certifying secure transactions between your customer and your store .
In addition, the gateways save you time and work and you no longer have to enter the information received manually. They also offer flexibility in the types of payment customers can use. And payment flexibility increases conversion.
In fact, customers are likely to abandon their shopping cart due to a lack of electronic payment options.
What to consider when choosing a payment platform for your e-commerce
It's a win-win situation with the right payment gateway.
But how do you know if you've found “the one”?
When considering choosing a third-party tool, evaluate the individual characteristics of each one and make a decision based on the needs and functionality of your website. Here are five important factors to consider:
Easy. People will not disclose sensitive financial information to websites that look suspicious. You need a payment gateway that has a good reputation and offers your customers secure payment experiences.
And remember, safety signs are very important: more than 80 percent of consumers feel more secure when they see logos for secure electronic payment options on a website.
As with almost all services, there are fees for using third-party tools, such as payment gateways. There are fees to pay for transactions done on your company's behalf, so be careful of costs and research before adding a gateway to your ecommerce.
These fees can include transactions, returns, fixed account opening costs and probably more (e.g. fees to customers for using a particular payment method). And it's no wonder customers don't like hidden costs, so read the fine print.
Payment methods accepted
In reality, the easier it is for customers to shop, the more likely they are to do so. By adding a payment gateway to your website that offers a variety of electronic payment methods, you expand your distribution network - 50 percent of regular online shoppers say they would avoid buying if they couldn't use their preferred payment method.
With web analytics you can see from which countries buyers come to your website. Preferred payment methods may vary by country.
Of course, an important consideration is how the payment platform can be integrated into your web platform, both from a technical and a design point of view. If you have to invest a lot of time and money in synchronization and custom development, it might not be worth it.
Many link gateways (such as Stripe) can be customized to fit the image of your website, but you have to take care of it
Place of payment
Some payment gateways allow customers to complete a transaction within their own website while other users direct users to another website to complete the purchase. Some gateways offer an API built right into your website, while others direct visitors to third-party websites. Whichever you choose, keep in mind what gives your customers the best user experience: if customers trust your website, they might not care about the added distraction.
How to choose the best electronic payment platform?
Now comes the big decision: choose a payment gateway for your company. It's a little scary: 46 percent of car crashes occur at the checkout; if yours doesn't have a smart payment gateway, you can lose a lot of sales.
Don't worry: we have put together ten of the best gateways and summarized their most important functions to make it easier for you to choose.
|Top 10||Payment platform||Score|
|8||Simplify Commerce||N / A|
|9||Merchant e-Solutions||N / A|
|10||Authorize.net||N / A|
Amazon Payments Review
Harness all the power of the e-commerce giant to provide your customers with a reliable way to make their payments.
The main characteristics of Amazon payments
- It eliminates the learning curve of payment processes and uses the technical solidity of an established platform. In 2016, Amazon reported that there are 310 million active customer accounts. Amazon Payments enables customers to use their Amazon credentials and offers buyers an easy and familiar way to make purchases.
- The integration with your website is API-based, which means that Amazon Payment is easy to customize and make it look and feel the same as your website. Often times it's as easy as adding a free plugin. In addition, transactions are carried out on your own website.
- Amazon Payments is a leader in responsiveness. It is available on all devices and works perfectly on mobile.
WePay is a payment platform that specializes in customizing the specific needs of your website and is set up for free.
The main features of Wepay
- Do you have buyers with very specific needs? WePay is equipped to handle complex payment requests, such as multiple payers or crowdfunding campaigns, and works for websites of different sizes.
- Adapted for e-commerce with international and national customers, WePay offers a useful support center for companies that use its gateway.
- Hello future! WePay offers modern payment options such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
PayPal is a veteran in e-commerce and one of the most widely used and sought-after payment methods.
The main functions of Paypal
- PayPal has proven itself: This gateway promises a conversion that is up to 44 percent higher. In addition, they offer fraud protection, live support, and broad shopping cart compatibility - it works with all major shopping carts and e-commerce platforms.
- It adapts to your business whether it is a website with heavy traffic or an ecommerce that is starting. In addition, they offer different versions of their payment solutions, such as PayPal Payments Pro, PayPal Express Checkout and Braintree.
- You can add a PayPal button to your website in just 15 minutes - the downside? Customers will need to leave your website to pay (upgrading to Pro for paying on the website includes paying a monthly fee).
The payment service on Authorize.net was developed for small and medium-sized businesses and can help you grow your business with a variety of flexible and reliable payment options.
The main features
- In addition to an extensive list of accepted payment options - including checks and mobile payments - the service also responds to more specific needs, such as recurring or subscription billing.
- Offers customers a satisfying shopping experience, with a verified security seal, an on-site order, simplified PCI compliance and personalized payment pages. They also have an advanced fraud detection package, a free security service.
- Do you have any questions? Or three? Authorize.net offers comprehensive support resources, including an online portal, free telephone support, online chat, eTicket response system and email contact.
With customizable options for beginners and advanced businesses, 2Checkout offers services such as on-site checkout, highly customizable, and easy integration.
The most important functions of 2Checkout
- Don't leave usability to chance. Regardless of whether you opted for the standard or online configuration, 2Checkout allows you to create a demo of what your customer's UX would look like for each configuration you choose so that you can get an idea of how this payment gateway would work before using it.
- Start your business to sell internationally, with 15 different languages and 87 currency options. More global reach = more growth.
- They offer you an easy to integrate payment API so that payment processing can be integrated directly into your website. Accessible documentation resources make customization easy and straightforward.
Think of it as Tesla's payment gateway. Meet the new disruptor in payment gateway technology: Dwolla.
As a bank transfer solution, Dwolla merchants can easily accept bank payments with additional e-commerce-oriented features such as shopping cart plugins and web integration.
The main functions of Dwolla
- Dwolla is simple and eliminates the typical gateway fees (and the service offers same-day and next-day transactions for ACH payments). So if you do for the latest in bank verification and wire transfer options, you've come to the right place.
- With a simple API integration that reliably adapts to your needs and offers a satisfactory user experience, you can track application activities, search for transaction information, manage customers and display important business information in your control panel.
- Dwolla says security is in his DNA. So instead of entrusting sensitive data to any gateway, entrust the processing of your payments to a platform that values security through strict monitoring, robust cryptography and constant development.
Stripe is built entirely for ecommerce and has a rich feature set no matter what your business sells, and has a resume filled with high profile clients like Pinterest, Lyft, Slack, and OpenTable.
The most important functionalities of the Stripe
- Stripe Showcases the Best Payment Applications for Today's Ecommerce: safe, customizable, quick and easy to set up. In addition, you will be won over by the extras, as they allow customers, for example, to buy products directly from a tweet or to save card information in order to pay with a single click.
- Stripe's Sigma service enables companies to see real-time sales data and analytics, and provide information that can help you refine and improve your operations to increase efficiency and growth.
- Online businesses need to think globally: international e-commerce sales are expected to reach $ 4.5 trillion by 2021. Your company has to imagine new forms of payment. Fortunately, Stripe goes beyond the traditional Payment methods and offers companies the opportunity to accept alternative but increasingly used forms such as Alipay, ACH and Bitcoin.
Worldpay is a comprehensive UK based (but global) service providing omnican payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. You can also pay on the fly or choose a monthly payment option.
The main functions of Worldpay
- Worldpay offers things you didn't even know you needed, including automatic billing and card upgrades, customizable loyalty cards, support ...
- Ideally, your company won't always stay the same. Worldpay focuses on the future of your business, providing advice and information with assistance and personalized reports about your business.
- Don't worry about customers leaving the cart for not including the type of payment they were looking for. As the name suggests, Worldpay is very complete and accepts a wide range of payment options - more than 300 - such as main cards and mobile wallet methods.
E-solutions for dealers
Merchant e-Solutions is a unified platform that provides a hassle-free solution for online payments, mobile payments, or payments for physical merchants.
The most important functionalities of Merchant e-Solutions
- Not all buyers are created equal. There are differences between countries, and there are differences between people sitting at separate tables in a Starbucks. Merchant e-Solutions enables companies to create personalized payment experiences by region, country, language, Create a business or sales channel so it's easy to deliver a useful payment experience to your customers no matter where they shop online.
- Are you overwhelmed by the idea of starting with a payment gateway? You're not alone. Fortunately, this company offers personalized configuration assistance to get you started. Plus, this service is available 24/7 in case your business goes up in flames in the middle of the night.
- You don't need a computer science degree to integrate Merchant E-Solutions into your web. Customize the API quickly and easily (in any programming language) in your new Developer Suite, which offers sample code.
“Keep it simple, stupid” applies to many things, including payment gateways. Simplify Commerce, a MasterCard company, would like to make it easier for you to receive payments. With online, in-app and personal options, you can easily set up your website payments and customize them to suit your needs.
Main features of Simplify Commerce
- If customers want to deliver the money that cost them so much to make, they want it to be done on their terms. In other words, your gateway needs to be flexible and meet the needs of each individual buyer. Whether you want to pay with MasterPass, Android or Apple Pay, or make a quick purchase of items on the way to work, lSimply Commerce can make it happen.
- Simply Commerce is very friendly to programmers. The integration is easy to integrate into a variety of programming languages (Ruby, PHP, Python and Java, to name a few) and the software development kits are also accessible for the use of iOS and Android.
- Simply Commerce depends on MasterCard so we can be sure that our transactions are protected.
- What's your best beach selfie
- How does Zensed Technology work
- What is evaporative heating
- How does the Koran shape the brain
- Does Nigeria really come under dictatorship?
- What is the mass specific formula for specific weight
- Can people trust Malaysia
- Where is the voice of the deaf
- I have to like them all
- Why don't Albanians have middle names?
- What are some examples of autotrophs
- Is it safe to travel to Crimea
- Most electronics engineers are successful
- What is the compound pendulum
- What kind of name is Merab
- Who invented swimming?
- How to become a big data expert
- What is the climate like on Mars
- Spy on Facebook, Google and Amazon
- Are oxidative phosphorylation and ETC the same
- What is compatible with an Aries
- How do you write acceptance criteria
- What are Low Interest Loans
- Azure is easy to learn