What are radio waves 1
What are radio waves?
Waves surround us everywhere. Some of them are visible, like the waves on a pond or the light. Others, on the other hand, are invisible to the human eye; they can only be translated into a signal language that we can recognize with the help of devices and receivers. These also include radio waves. Like light, they also belong to the spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. They are caused by the vibrations of electric and magnetic fields.
In contrast to sound waves, which need air particles as a carrier medium, electromagnetic waves can also propagate without an external medium - also in a vacuum - because they “bring” their carrier medium with them: The carriers of the wave movement are tiny particles, the photons. Depending on the wavelength and energy content, the electromagnetic waves have different properties and are perceived differently by us humans.
The spectrum ranges from ultra-short and extremely high-energy X-rays and gamma rays with wavelengths of less than a nanometer - this is roughly the size of an atomic nucleus - to radio waves several hundred meters long.
The “classic” radio waves used for radio and television broadcasts range in size from around three meters to more than 300 meters. For telecommunications, microwaves with wavelengths in the centimeter range are mostly used.
August 27, 2001
- Is there a free alternative to the ideas scale?
- How do I do truth hypnosis
- How do Bulgarians see Russia?
- What is 111 111 111 111 111
- How real ribs differ from false ribs
- All mathematicians aren't interested in sex
- How would Genghis Khan have seen Timur
- How many survivors of the genocide of the Armenians are left?
- Sucks life for you
- Can facial exercises really improve the jaw
- How do diesel-powered generators work
- BlacKkKlansman is Spike Lee's best film
- Can a damaged liver be restored
- Illustrator files are vector
- Can online relationships actually work?
- We can see stars move
- What does a General Counsel do
- Is Bannari Amman a good choice
- What are analogues and homologous
- Which number is greater than 5 or 15
- What do I write in an essay
- How good is BMW's attention to detail
- How long was Vanna White married
- Why shouldn't you kill a terrorist?