Use of goes
If Face ID isn't working on the iPhone or iPad Pro
Get help using Face ID to unlock your iPhone or iPad, authenticate transactions, or sign in to apps. You will also find out under what circumstances you may be asked to enter your code.
Looking for updates
Check Face ID settings
You can check your Face ID settings under "Settings"> "Face ID & Passcode". Make sure you've configured Face ID and that the features you want to use with Face ID are turned on.
Make sure nothing is obscuring the TrueDepth camera
Make sure that there is no phone case, protective film or similar covering the TrueDepth camera on your iPhone or iPad. Also check for glue residue or dirt on the TrueDepth camera.
If you are using an iPad in landscape orientation, make sure your finger or palm is not covering the TrueDepth camera. If so, a "Camera obscured" warning may appear at the top of the screen with an arrow pointing at the TrueDepth camera.
Make sure nothing is blocking your face
Make sure nothing is covering your eyes, nose and mouth so that the TrueDepth camera can see them. Face ID won't work if your mouth and nose are covered such as B. with a face mask. If you are wearing a face mask, you will automatically be asked to enter your code after swiping up.
Face ID works with a wide variety of sunglasses. However, if you wear sunglasses that block certain light waves, they may also block the infrared waves used by the TrueDepth camera. Test to see if Face ID works when you take off your sunglasses.
Make sure the TrueDepth camera is aimed at your face
Face ID will only work on an iPhone if you hold it in portrait orientation and look into the TrueDepth camera. You can use Face ID in any format on an iPad.
The TrueDepth camera's field of view is similar to taking a selfie or making a FaceTime call. The iPhone or iPad should be no more than an arm's length from your face, regardless of whether you have put it down or are holding it in a natural position. The optimal distance is 25 to 50 cm.
Restart the device
Add an alternate appearance
For most users, Face ID learns continuously as they change. If you frequently change your appearance significantly, you can configure an alternative appearance so that Face ID recognizes you anyway. You cannot create a new appearance while wearing a face mask.
How to configure an alternative appearance:
- Tap Settings> Face ID & Passcode. Enter your code when prompted.
- Tap Configure Alternate Appearance.
- Look straight at the iPhone or iPad and make sure your face is inside the frame.
- Slowly describe a full circle with your head. If you can't move your head, tap Accessibility Options.
- After you run your first Face ID scan, tap Next.
- Again, slowly describe a circle with your head until it is completed.
- When you've successfully set up Face ID, tap Done.
Reset Face ID
If the problem persists, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Tap Settings> Face ID & Passcode, then tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Configure Face ID to set it up again.
If you can't register your face, take the device to an Apple Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support.
Situations where code entry is required
In the following situations, you may not be able to authenticate with Face ID and must enter your passcode or Apple ID instead:
- You are wearing a face mask.
- The device just turned on or restarted.
- The device has not been unlocked for over 48 hours.
- The passcode was not used to unlock the device in the last six and a half days, and the device was not unlocked with Face ID in the last four hours.
- The device has received a remote lock command.
- Five attempts to match a face have failed.
- After switching off or "Emergency SOS" has been initiated by pressing one of the volume buttons and the side button at the same time for 2 seconds.
More information about Face ID
- Why are people suffocating
- Why do we overlook other people's problems
- When will Quora announce its top writers
- Which brokerage DP has maximum customers
- Will get Coolpad Note 3 Android Marshmallow
- What is the best dance
- What causes perversion in children
- Which sport changed your life and how
- What is the use of graphics
- Why are Portuguese swear words so expressive
- Can I buy new books with portraits of characters
- What is the state capital of Tennessee
- Why is documentation important in nursing
- Can you help everyone
- Is Python better for AI
- What is the Big O notation 1
- Why does applesauce go well with pork
- How many times are there 1
- How do I block a contact
- Why is OPEC headquartered in Vienna
- When do women go into labor
- What is promotional SMS
- How narcissistic is Kanye West
- What is the intersection of love and hate
- Is technology detrimental
- Zaheer Khan stutters
- Can reverse planes
- Yoga is violence for body and mind
- Why is Gatorade called Gatorade
- Why is the C programming language easy
- How does child benefit work in general?
- How do turmeric and saffron taste
- Using dating apps is unnatural
- What are Jeremy Clarkson's political views