How do leaves adapt to their surroundings?
To the Aquatic plants or Hydrophytes (Greek hydor = water; phytos = plant) include those plants whose habitat is under water, on the water, on the bank or in swamps. Hydrophytes are specially adapted to their habitat:
root: are only found in a reduced form in most aquatic plants, because a pronounced root system to absorb water is not necessary in the water itself. Depending on the species, aquatic plants do not get nutrients from their roots, but from the leaves. In contrast to land-living plants, underwater plants in particular can absorb nutrients from the surrounding water through their leaves. Therefore, roots essentially only have a fixation function for an aquatic plant.
Stem axis: consists of the so-called aerenchymal tissue, which is used for gas exchange within the plant. This means that the carbon dioxide required by the aquatic plant (for photosynthesis) can also reach submerged parts of the plant.
leaves: also consist of the aerenchymal tissue. Air can be stored in this tissue, which leads to the leaves being lifted. Free-swimming aquatic plants usually form large floating leaves (e.g. water lilies). Their stomata are on the upper side of the leaf, which facilitates gas exchange. If the stomata were on the underside, the aquatic plant could not get any carbon dioxide from the air. Underwater leaves, on the other hand, are small (e.g. waterweed) and free of a cuticle, which normally protects plants from water loss (but superfluous in underwater habitats).
- When did digital photography begin?
- Can clairvoyants accurately predict death dates?
- Is the Vinayaka University Salem a fake
- What is the scope of management in sport
- What is a systemic privilege
- What are the three gods of Hinduism
- What is the IUPAC name of C6H5NO
- Where should I buy dried fruit wholesalers?
- What are the benefits of a deep cleanse
- Is reselling on Instagram illegal
- Should be 100 fdi in aviation
- Johnson Johnson is an ethical company
- Who invented C and in what year?
- What is a fastbreak in basketball
- How can I marry a refugee
- Can i see your bullet journal
- The Neopets are still growing
- Is it possible to make a touchscreen background?
- Working RTC buses in Hyderabad
- Your brain is mushy
- Inhalation of frankincense affects breathing
- How short is life 3
- How people increased carrying capacity
- Where can I stream French films online