How do power transformers work in houses
Electricity purchase and conversion
From the large power plants, which usually generate three-phase alternating current with voltages ≤ 10,000 V, the electrical energy is transferred to the European network with high voltages of 110 to 380 kV. This network connects cities, districts and larger industrial plants with one another. The high voltage is transformed in switchgears and substations into medium voltage of usually 10 kV. Larger residential complexes with more than 20 residential units and other larger consumers such as factories, hospitals, department stores and administrative buildings are connected to the medium-voltage network. Small consumers and private households are supplied via the public low-voltage network. Here, the medium voltage must be converted to 400/230 V in network stations. These substations - also called transformer stations, network stations or transformer stations for short - are housed in transformer houses or on the ground floor or in the basement of buildings.
The responsible supply network operators are generally responsible for the planning, execution and operation of the substations. The architect should only plan in cooperation with the electrical planner and the network operator the corresponding space requirements and the corresponding requirements of entry and exit openings, entrances and transport routes.
The house connection forms the interface between the households and the supply network; it connects it to the customer's consumer system and consists of:
- the mains connection, e.g. house connection branch joint
- the house connection line
- the house entry (wall duct)
- the building entry line with protective tube or cover
- the house connection box with fuses
House connection room, main power supply system and meter
The house connection line ends in the house connection room in which the house connection box is arranged. The house connection fuses are housed here. These overcurrent protection devices ensure the protection of the house connection and entry line as well as the protection of the main power supply system in the event of overload and short circuit. The main power supply system consists of main lines and safety devices and, for reasons of security of supply, is constructed as a radiation network with centralized or decentralized meters. The meters are housed in meter cabinets.
The electricity already recorded by the meter is distributed to the individual circuits via the circuit distributor. The following facilities can be found here:
- Overcurrent protection devices, i.e. line circuit breakers or fuses with a maximum rated current of 63 A.
- Residual current circuit breaker (FI protection)
- Remote switch
- Contactors, time switches, etc.
The number of circuits required depends on the size and equipment of the apartment. Separate circuits must be set up for large appliances such as stoves, washing machines, water heaters and the like, as well as for each room in an apartment for light and sockets.
Expertise on the subject
Classic and contemporary electrical installation
The main task of the electrical installation is to supply the electrical energy with the help of a more or less branched line system ...
Electricity generation and supply
Electric power can be generated in several ways, either with energy from primary carriers such as stone and ...
- How often are universities sued?
- How to practice atheism
- Which artist sang the song Craving You
- What is the best treatment for enuresis
- Will you beat your best friend for 100,000
- What is the russian word for dozen
- How does the engine of an airplane work
- What are the constants of supersymmetry
- How can I reduce Internet usage
- Have you ever been to Legoland
- How do I do housework effectively
- JSON or CSV parsers are usually faster
- What is Bill Gates Salary 1
- How can I learn to analyze handwriting
- What are Jeremy Clarkson's political views
- Can an airplane land without a pilot
- Is Trump a domestic threat to America?
- Let's turn to a black hole
- WikiLeaks has ever been wrong
- An obvious sadist can have masochistic tendencies
- What is B2B Telemarketing
- Who are the authors like Stieg Larsson
- Is India a Religious Nation 1
- Am I making the right career move