Kombucha is overwhelmed
Detox with Kombucha
What is it about Kombucha Detox in particular and about Detox in general?
January and February are the classic detox months. After the Christmas season we are full to the brim with rich food, sugar and alcohol. Not least because of this, most of them are highly motivated to put their good resolutions for the new year into practice. The term “detox” is never googled as often as it is now. But what is it actually?
Our body works hard every day to neutralize and eliminate the environmental toxins to which we are exposed. The liver is mainly responsible for this. In addition, critics argue that our body is designed to detoxify itself and from an evolutionary point of view that's true. However, the variety of environmental toxins that affect us is new: pesticides, herbicides, microplastics, hormone and antibiotic residues in water and food are only one couple of them. Stress and an unhealthy diet (ready meals) don't really help either.
Signs of the need to detox
Signs that your body needs help with detoxification can include:
- You are constantly exhausted and increasingly grab coffee and sweets to get through the day.
- You take every cold with you and do not come across any green branches in terms of health.
- Your complexion is less radiant and you struggle more with impurities
- You have digestive problems such as diarrhea, constipation, and gas.
- You feel overwhelmed by everyday life and have significantly less energy than before.
How does detoxification work?
Why: 2-3 liters a day get the metabolism going and help to eliminate all mobilized toxins.
- Immediately after getting up, drink a liter of warm water with a splash of lemon (optional).
- During the day you drink 3 x 500ml water. If you are out and about a lot, a steel water bottle will help you drink enough and avoid plastic. We love our fancy drink bottle.
- 30 minutes before dinner you drink another 500ml of warm water and you've done your workload for the day!
Kombucha contains glucuronic acid. This is the same acid that our liver makes to bind toxins. 0.3 l kombucha a day is enough to support the liver with additional glucuronic acid.
Living food in organic quality
Why: Organically grown fruits and vegetables provide vital nutrients and help the body mobilize and excrete toxins. All green vegetables and herbs such as salads, rocket, spinach and herbs are suitable for detox especially Well. Coriander, for example, binds heavy metals in the body that can be eliminated naturally.
All kinds of cabbage vegetables are real superheroes when it comes to detoxifying: Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and kale are now in season! They taste good in stews and soups. In winter this gives an optimal meal and offers the possibility to process all types of cabbage. By the way, kale is also great in a smoothie!
Not to be forgotten is the super spice turmeric. Whether fresh or as a powder - both are good for the liver. Replace your morning coffee with golden milk. Bring turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper and vanilla (all ground) to the boil in almond milk, stir well and, if necessary, sweeten with a little honey. If you don't wake up, you can also add ½ teaspoon matcha powder.
- Shopping at the weekly market is fun and is usually local. The opening times and venues can be found on the website of your municipality or by entering your postcode here. Don't forget your shopping basket;)
- Or subscription delivery directly to your home. You will surely find a resource here on the eco box page. We have great experiences with the Amperhof organic box and look forward to the delivery every week.
- And then prepare the fresh ingredients yourself and start with them first thing in the morning: Green leafy vegetables are ideal for smoothies - so you can relax and drink a good portion of vegetables.
- If you don't have the time: With more power in your bloodstream, you can get the time out easily and relaxed.
- And here are a few nice recipes for inspiration
Why: Get the lymph flow going and lift your spirits!
Find an activity that you enjoy: yoga, tennis, volleyball, boxing, ballet, fitness, zumba, ballroom, mountaineering, cycling, walking, swimming ... I love step aerobics (child of the 80s ...) and yoga. Skiing and mountain hiking make me happy - everyone is guaranteed to find some kind of exercise that brings joy.
- It is best to find someone who participates so that your weaker self has no chance!
- Just f .... do it!
Why: The body regenerates during sleep. The brain is also cleansed. Insufficiently restful sleep means that the body can only do insufficient repair work. 7-8 hours are usually enough for us to feel fit and well rested the next morning. But there are also people who need more ...
- Easy: TV off. Usually just crap anyway. Read a book instead. That puts you to sleep nicely
- If you have trouble falling asleep in the evening, you can try the following.
- After 2 p.m. no more coffee, tea (green & black) or very dark chocolate
- Finish your last meal two hours before going to bed, dim the lights and turn off all screens. Unfortunately, this also includes the cell phone ... The blue light on the screens signals the time of day to our brain and is therefore not good for going down in the evening.
That brings detox
A targeted detox can get your body going again. The benefits are diverse:
- More energy and joie de vivre
- Good digestion
- Restful sleep
- Less cravings for sweets or chips
- A radiant complexion
- A strong immune system
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Weight Loss - Melt those stubborn last pounds
Give it a try and let us know how you are!
Continue reading? You might also be interested in:
- What's so great about being a nurse
- Before the internet, school was more challenging
- Cashmere is warmer than fleece
- How do I create a search engine
- Depression is more than a chemical imbalance
- Which animal lives in a freezing temperature
- How does motor oil taste
- What is the ideal power source
- How do cakes affect a company?
- How can I download a Walmart receipt
- America will leave Syria alone
- Is racism a part of you
- Slow learning can be beneficial
- What are some fun band photoshoot ideas
- What is true love from a woman
- Living beings can develop
- How often are people wrong
- Are we related to extraterrestrials?
- What is Laissez Faire Politics
- Why is logarithm important to society
- Is it okay to be expressive
- The passport is compulsory for GRE
- How does Java beat Python
- What are sigma points
- Will you answer
- Waxing removes hair permanently
- Your mom knows you best
- Isn't socialism basically communism
- How much do you like math
- Velociraptors were the fastest dinosaurs
- How good were pirates at sea warfare
- What's the best startup in NCR
- What causes keloids on your body